    I have dsl and phone service from att, both which work great. Every time
    I pickup or call, the dsl is temporarily interrupted. Is their anyway
    around this?
    Mark H, Jul 19, 2007

  2. Mark H

    Mark H Guest

    and just as a side note, their is NO help from att at all, which is why
    i'm posting here. tech-support doesnt know anything about using both
    services. I tried two different techs.

    Mark H, Jul 19, 2007

  3. Mark H

    Vanguard Guest

    "Mark H" wrote in message news:...
    >I have dsl and phone service from att, both which work great. Every
    >time I pickup or call, the dsl is temporarily interrupted. Is their
    >anyway around this?

    So why not call their customer service and report a problem that
    requires them to come out and replace their splitter? If they did the
    install then they would've installed a splitter to isolate the phone
    gear from the DSL line. If you did a self-install, did you install the
    filters on every phone device that connects to the phone line?

    Go read:
    http://www.hometech.com/learn/dsl.html
    Vanguard, Jul 19, 2007
  4. Mark H wrote:
    > Mark H wrote:
    >> I have dsl and phone service from att, both which work great. Every
    >> time I pickup or call, the dsl is temporarily interrupted. Is their
    >> anyway around this?

    I would start by checking if your DSL filters are properly in place, or
    your phone/DSL modem wires are somehow not connected correctly. This
    sounds like a local issue. The DSL and your voice are of course on
    different frequency spectrums.

    > and just as a side note, their is NO help from att at all, which is
    > why i'm posting here. tech-support doesnt know anything about using
    > both services. I tried two different techs.

    Do you have a Worldnet ISP account? Try posting in their internal
    newsgroups. You can either access it via NNTP, or by the more amateur
    web interface. Settings here:
    http://www.wurd.com/cl_news_thunderbird_05_gia.php

    and the group is:
    worldnet.help.dsl

    Via your browser:
    http://webnews.att.net/ and select the DSL group.

    While the Worldnet agents do not have access to your equipment and phone
    lines, they do have cross-company contact with the DSL providing
    branches of the company.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 19, 2007
  5. Vanguard wrote:

    > ... If you did a self-install, did you install the filters on every
    > phone device that connects to the phone line?

    There is a way to hook it all up using only one filter. See this
    schematic drawn up by a Worldnet/AT&T DSL user:

    http://k75s.home.att.net/dslschematic.txt

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 19, 2007
  6. Mark H

    Vanguard Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote in message

    > Vanguard wrote:
    >>
    >> ... If you did a self-install, did you install the filters on every
    >> phone device that connects to the phone line?

    > There is a way to hook it all up using only one filter. See this
    > schematic drawn up by a Worldnet/AT&T DSL user:
    >
    > http://k75s.home.att.net/dslschematic.txt

    When the ISP comes out to do the wiring, they add the filter so the
    original phone line for ALL devices gets separated and then they run in
    a separate line just for the DSL modem. The do-it-yourself kits that
    has the customer setup the DSL access at home requires attaching a
    filter to each device because the precept is that customers are too
    stupid to be running code-compliant wiring through their house - but
    that doesn't stop users from doing the same setup that the ISP would do.

    For e-mail: The passcode "#VNGRD" must be added to Subject.
    * Keep the discussion in the newsgroup - Share with others *
    Vanguard, Jul 20, 2007
  7. Mark H

    Plato Guest

    Mark H wrote:

    > I have dsl and phone service from att, both which work great. Every time
    > I pickup or call, the dsl is temporarily interrupted. Is their anyway
    > around this?

    Do have the anti-dsl filters setup on all your telephones?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 21, 2007
  8. Mark H

    Mark H Guest

    Re: DSL and phone service- SOLUTION FOUND

    Thanks everyone, but it seems MY pure stupidity reigns. I had the dsl
    line plugged into the filtered phone jack. Since it worked from the
    beginning I never bothered to recheck. All is even better now.

    Mark H, Jul 23, 2007
  9. Mark H

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-07-23, Mark H <> wrote:
    > Thanks everyone, but it seems MY pure stupidity reigns. I had the dsl
    > line plugged into the filtered phone jack. Since it worked from the
    > beginning I never bothered to recheck. All is even better now.

    [...]

    That suggests that the 'filter' isn't doing a good job; it should stop the
    DSL signals completely.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jul 23, 2007
  10. Mark H

    jomama Guest

    On Jul 19, 9:25 am, Mark H <> wrote:
    > and just as a side note, their is NO help from att at all, which is why
    > i'm posting here. tech-support doesnt know anything about using both
    > services. I tried two different techs.
    >

    > Mark H wrote:
    > > I have dsl and phone service from att, both which work great. Every time
    > > I pickup or call, the dsl is temporarily interrupted. Is their anyway
    > > around this?- Hide quoted text -

    Check the Filters.
    jomama, Jul 23, 2007
  11. jomama wrote:
    > On Jul 19, 9:25 am, Mark H <> wrote:
    >> and just as a side note, their is NO help from att at all, which is why
    >> i'm posting here. tech-support doesnt know anything about using both
    >> services. I tried two different techs.
    >>

    >> Mark H wrote:
    >>> I have dsl and phone service from att, both which work great. Every time
    >>> I pickup or call, the dsl is temporarily interrupted. Is their anyway
    >>> around this?- Hide quoted text -

    > Check the Filters.

    Check the previous posts, he's already fixed the problem.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 23, 2007
  12. Mark H

    Mark H Guest

    Re: DSL and phone service- SOLUTION FOUND

    That's the one ATT sent with the dsl 'kit'. I have several others.

    Mark H, Jul 23, 2007