    SAVE $1.98 (normally $69.98)
    Offer valid until Jul 24, 2005.

    NZ$68 incl GST
    Tony, Jul 23, 2005

  2. What means "DSE were more costs far to much"?

    Would you care to rephrase that in something a little closer to actual
    English?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Re: What means "DSE were more costs far to much"?

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:38:20 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >Would you care to rephrase that in something a little closer to actual
    >English?

    READ
    Tony, Jul 23, 2005
  4. Tony wrote:

    > IMATION CDR 52x 700MB 50+5pk Spindle
    >
    > REDUCED TO CLEAR (previously $38.00)
    >

    > NZ$28 incl GST
    >

    > Imation CDR 52x 700MB 100+10pk Spindle
    >
    > SAVE $1.98 (normally $69.98)
    > Offer valid until Jul 24, 2005.
    >

    > NZ$68 incl GST

    DSE is a pretty much a rip-off on everything (often almost double the
    pricespy picks) with shocking email support to boot.
    I'm a Trampoline, Jul 23, 2005
  5. Re: What means "DSE were more costs far to much"?

    In article <>,
    Tony <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:38:20 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    ><_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>Would you care to rephrase that in something a little closer to actual
    >>English?

    >READ

    Sorry, I've tried reading, but it still says "DSE were more costs far to
    much", which still doesn't make any sense.

    Would you care to try again?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 23, 2005
  6. Tony

    A Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:31:22 +1200, I'm a Trampoline
    <> wrote:

    >Tony wrote:
    >>

    >> IMATION CDR 52x 700MB 50+5pk Spindle
    >>
    >> REDUCED TO CLEAR (previously $38.00)
    >>

    >> NZ$28 incl GST
    >>

    >> Imation CDR 52x 700MB 100+10pk Spindle
    >>
    >> SAVE $1.98 (normally $69.98)
    >> Offer valid until Jul 24, 2005.
    >>

    >> NZ$68 incl GST

    >DSE is a pretty much a rip-off on everything (often almost double the
    >pricespy picks) with shocking email support to boot.

    I would disagree with that.

    While a number of items can be more expensive than the pricespy
    equivalent they do take credit cards and are open 7 days a week.

    Some things I would avoid such as their DVD writers, graphics cards,
    and most computer components but other things like printers and mobile
    phones are very competitive.

    They have some very good deals at times as well.

    Some recent purchases I've made include:

    Battlefield 2 for the PC $80 including a free (but crap) headset

    Singstar Party for $30

    Xbox Ultimate pack for $248 (xbox console, 2 games plus other bits &
    pieces)

    Blinx 2 & Dead or Alive Ultimate for the xbox. Both for $60 and I got
    2 x $20 cashback for the purchase. Final cost was $20 for the two
    games!

    Sunbeam Mixmaster (cake mixer) $175.

    Admittedly these were at the Dick Smith Powerhouse store and not your
    average Dick Smith shop. I see they were also selling some incredibly
    cheap digital cameras as well (basically undercutting the parallel
    importers by $1). So cheap that one of the cameras was cheaper than
    the staff price from the NZ distributor.

    I can't seem to find an ipod mini 4GB that's not pink either. DSE have
    them listed at $358. Anyone seen it cheaper that's not parallel
    imported?
    A, Jul 23, 2005
  7. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Re: What means "DSE were more costs far to much"?

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:06:14 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Tony <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:38:20 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >><_zealand> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Would you care to rephrase that in something a little closer to actual
    >>>English?

    >>READ

    >Sorry, I've tried reading, but it still says "DSE were more costs far to
    >much", which still doesn't make any sense.
    >
    >Would you care to try again?

    Why not stop being a Dick Head, may it should be Ware.
    Tony, Jul 23, 2005
  8. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:45:20 +1200, A <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:31:22 +1200, I'm a Trampoline
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Tony wrote:
    >>>

    >>> IMATION CDR 52x 700MB 50+5pk Spindle
    >>>
    >>> REDUCED TO CLEAR (previously $38.00)
    >>>

    >>> NZ$28 incl GST
    >>>

    >>> Imation CDR 52x 700MB 100+10pk Spindle
    >>>
    >>> SAVE $1.98 (normally $69.98)
    >>> Offer valid until Jul 24, 2005.
    >>>

    >>> NZ$68 incl GST

    >>DSE is a pretty much a rip-off on everything (often almost double the
    >>pricespy picks) with shocking email support to boot.

    >I would disagree with that.
    >
    >While a number of items can be more expensive than the pricespy
    >equivalent they do take credit cards and are open 7 days a week.
    >
    >Some things I would avoid such as their DVD writers, graphics cards,
    >and most computer components but other things like printers and mobile
    >phones are very competitive.

    Funny my DSE DVD Writer is a NEC1300a, they are not regarded as Crap, there
    400w PSU is also Good.

    Tony, Jul 23, 2005
  9. Re: What means "DSE were more costs far to much"?

    In article <>,
    Tony <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:06:14 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    ><_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> Tony <> wrote:

    >>>READ

    >>Sorry, I've tried reading, but it still says "DSE were more costs far to
    >>much", which still doesn't make any sense.
    >>
    >>Would you care to try again?

    >Why not stop being a Dick Head, may it should be Ware.

    Nope, can't understand that either.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 23, 2005
  10. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Re: What means "DSE were more costs far to much"?

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:13:18 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Tony <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:06:14 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >><_zealand> wrote:

    >>>Sorry, I've tried reading, but it still says "DSE were more costs far to
    >>>much", which still doesn't make any sense.
    >>>
    >>>Would you care to try again?

    >>Why not stop being a Dick Head, may it should be Ware.

    >Nope, can't understand that either.

    Then do the Maths its so Simple..
    Tony, Jul 23, 2005
  11. Tony

    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Tony <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:06:14 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >><_zealand> wrote:

    >>>Sorry, I've tried reading, but it still says "DSE were more costs far to
    >>>much", which still doesn't make any sense.
    >>>
    >>>Would you care to try again?

    >>Why not stop being a Dick Head, may it should be Ware.

    >Nope, can't understand that either.

    May be this can help, you pay 10c for One apple so what should 2 apples
    cost..?
    Tony, Jul 23, 2005
  12. Tony

    thingy Guest

    A wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:31:22 +1200, I'm a Trampoline
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Tony wrote:
    >>

    >>>IMATION CDR 52x 700MB 50+5pk Spindle
    >>>
    >>>REDUCED TO CLEAR (previously $38.00)
    >>>

    >>>NZ$28 incl GST
    >>>

    >>>Imation CDR 52x 700MB 100+10pk Spindle
    >>>
    >>>SAVE $1.98 (normally $69.98)
    >>>Offer valid until Jul 24, 2005.
    >>>

    >>>NZ$68 incl GST

    >>DSE is a pretty much a rip-off on everything (often almost double the
    >>pricespy picks) with shocking email support to boot.

    > I would disagree with that.
    >
    > While a number of items can be more expensive than the pricespy
    > equivalent they do take credit cards and are open 7 days a week.

    They also have a no questions return policy. Try doing that with the
    pricespy companies.

    > Some things I would avoid such as their DVD writers, graphics cards,
    > and most computer components but other things like printers and mobile
    > phones are very competitive.

    Ditto some components, firewire cards, bluetooth bits, are all about the
    same price, you can also walk into a dse shop and try the piece there
    and then.

    > They have some very good deals at times as well.

    Yes they do.

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 23, 2005
  13. Tony

    A Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:05:21 +1200, Tony
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:45:20 +1200, A <> wrote:
    >>Some things I would avoid such as their DVD writers, graphics cards,
    >>and most computer components but other things like printers and mobile
    >>phones are very competitive.

    >Funny my DSE DVD Writer is a NEC1300a, they are not regarded as Crap, there
    >400w PSU is also Good.

    I wasn't referring to the quality but more to the price. Their current
    Cyber drive DVD writer is selling for $148 which is a tad on the
    expensive side.

    Having said that I did buy my current motherboard and ram from them as
    they were the cheapest at the time (MSI nforce2 board and 512MB DDR400
    ram).
    A, Jul 23, 2005
  14. Tony

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I'm a Trampoline wrote:
    > Tony wrote:
    >>

    >> IMATION CDR 52x 700MB 50+5pk Spindle
    >>
    >> REDUCED TO CLEAR (previously $38.00)
    >>

    >> NZ$28 incl GST
    >>

    >> Imation CDR 52x 700MB 100+10pk Spindle
    >>
    >> SAVE $1.98 (normally $69.98)
    >> Offer valid until Jul 24, 2005.
    >>

    >> NZ$68 incl GST

    > DSE is a pretty much a rip-off on everything (often almost double the
    > pricespy picks) with shocking email support to boot.

    I'm happy with the 10-packs of Mitsi CD-Rs I picked up the other day. Thin
    cases, multi-coloured CDs (Five different colours) $6 a pack. Reduced to
    clear. I find with spindles I miss having cases. I back up my audio CDs for
    play in the car.

    (Just went to give you a link, it appears they've sold out)
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jul 23, 2005
  15. Tony

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Would you care to rephrase that in something a little closer to actual
    > English?

    You realise you're talking to woger right? That's good for him, at least I
    can deduce what he intends to say. (Just). Often I have no idea of what he's
    on about.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jul 23, 2005
  16. thingy wrote:

    > They also have a no questions return policy. Try doing that with the
    > pricespy companies.

    I wanted a replacement part for a CD rack I bought online one day (the
    part was broken on arrival). The first three emails they ignored, the
    fourth time I actually got someone. She told me they weren't going to
    honour the warranty on it, suggested I try and fix it myself, and ended
    the email mid-sentence without finishing it. I managed to convince her
    in the end, but it's inexcusable that my emails were ignored, and that
    she would even say that to me in the first place. As an online store
    they leave a lot to be desired, and I wouldn't trust them any more than
    the average pricespy company.

    Another time I was checking out some blank CD cases. I wanted to know if
    they were clear ones, or the type with the black part in the middle. I
    emailed to ask if they were clear, the guy said "I believe they are". He
    couldn't even be fucked going to have a look - he just guessed, because
    I bought them and they weren't.
    I'm a Trampoline, Jul 24, 2005
  17. In <> A wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:05:21 +1200, Tony
    > <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Funny my DSE DVD Writer is a NEC1300a, they are not regarded as Crap,
    >> there 400w PSU is also Good.

    > I wasn't referring to the quality but more to the price. Their current
    > Cyber drive DVD writer is selling for $148 which is a tad on the
    > expensive side.

    It seems that drive is on special every second week for $125, which goes
    to show the relatively large markup they must be making when they sell
    it at the full price. I've seen The Wharehouse do the same thing: each
    week alternate between the 'normal' high price and the 'special' low
    price. On the high price weeks they'll sell a few at a huge markup to
    people who don't know any better, and on the low price weeks they can
    advertise it at the low price and sell a lot more to people who believe
    they're getting it at a bargain price.

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Jul 24, 2005
  18. Re: What means "DSE were more costs far to much"?

    In <> Tony
    wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:13:18 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> Tony <> wrote:

    >>>Why not stop being a Dick Head, may it should be Ware.

    >>Nope, can't understand that either.

    > May be this can help, you pay 10c for One apple so what should 2
    > apples cost..?

    That depends, are any quantity price breaks available? Besides which
    apples are normally sold by weight, so it would also depend on the
    weight of the second apple. Also is the second apple the same variety?
    Different varieties are often sold at different prices. And Dick Smith
    don't sell Apples anyway, except at the PowerHouse stores.

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Jul 24, 2005
  19. Tony

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:02:30 +1200, Tony wrote:

    >>Sorry, I've tried reading, but it still says "DSE were more costs far to
    >>much", which still doesn't make any sense.
    >>
    >>Would you care to try again?

    > Why not stop being a Dick Head, may it should be Ware.

    What does "may it should be Ware" mean?

    Is that "ware" as in warehouse?

    "may it ..." is nonsense - is not English of any variety or dialect.

    Bling Bling

    --
    Fink: "The Linux market is growing 30% to 35% a year."
    Bling-Bling, Jul 24, 2005
  20. Re: What means "DSE were more costs far to much"?

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:13:27 +1200, someone purporting to be Bling-Bling
    didst scrawl:

    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:02:30 +1200, Tony wrote:

    *SNIP*
    > "may it ..." is nonsense - is not English of any variety or dialect.

    May it please your Honour, I disagree with your assessment :p
    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."
    Matthew Poole, Jul 24, 2005