    since Monday no go.

    Can any one confirm this..?

    Thanks..
    Woger, Jul 21, 2009

  2. Woger

    Malcolm Guest

    On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:27:53 +1200
    Woger <> wrote:

    > If I click on a product to find out more details, it just links back
    > to the Home page.
    >
    > Tried Firefox same thing.
    >
    > The local shop seems to think its my problem, well it work some days
    > ago, but since Monday no go.
    >
    > Can any one confirm this..?
    >
    > Thanks..

    Hi
    Works fine for me with firefox?
    Must say things are now expensive, I paid US$278 for my Asus 1000HE
    from Amazon and the want NZ$1199 ouch!

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.23-0.1-default
    Malcolm, Jul 21, 2009

  3. Woger

    EMB Guest

    Woger wrote:

    > If I click on a product to find out more details, it just links back to the
    > Home page.
    >
    > Tried Firefox same thing.
    >
    > The local shop seems to think its my problem, well it work some days ago, but
    > since Monday no go.
    >
    > Can any one confirm this..?
    >
    > Thanks..

    Worked fine for me yesterday, and again today. FF and IE on both XP and
    Vista.
    EMB, Jul 21, 2009
  4. Woger

    Woger Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:47:45 -0500, Malcolm
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:27:53 +1200
    >Woger <> wrote:
    >

    >> If I click on a product to find out more details, it just links back
    >> to the Home page.
    >>
    >> Tried Firefox same thing.
    >>
    >> The local shop seems to think its my problem, well it work some days
    >> ago, but since Monday no go.
    >>
    >> Can any one confirm this..?
    >>
    >> Thanks..
    >>

    >Hi
    >Works fine for me with firefox?
    >Must say things are now expensive, I paid US$278 for my Asus 1000HE
    >from Amazon and the want NZ$1199 ouch!

    I have noticed the problem may be its a BUG at DSE..

    If I link to the site with a none home page link, then do a search for the
    product like say Wii, then click on the product info I go back to the home
    page, But if I go direct to dse.co.nz all is OK..

    But about a hour ago when I tried it there was a warning on the Web site about
    updates on some products
    Woger, Jul 21, 2009
  5. Woger

    Enkidu Guest

    Woger wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:47:45 -0500, Malcolm
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:27:53 +1200
    >> Woger <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> If I click on a product to find out more details, it just links back
    >>> to the Home page.
    >>>
    >>> Tried Firefox same thing.
    >>>
    >>> The local shop seems to think its my problem, well it work some days
    >>> ago, but since Monday no go.
    >>>
    >>> Can any one confirm this..?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks..
    >>>

    >> Hi
    >> Works fine for me with firefox?
    >> Must say things are now expensive, I paid US$278 for my Asus 1000HE
    >>from Amazon and the want NZ$1199 ouch!

    > I have noticed the problem may be its a BUG at DSE..
    >
    > If I link to the site with a none home page link, then do a search for the
    > product like say Wii, then click on the product info I go back to the home
    > page, But if I go direct to dse.co.nz all is OK..

    Works OK for me when I do that,

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 21, 2009
  6. Woger

    JohnO Guest

    On Jul 21, 12:27 pm, Woger <> wrote:
    > If I click on a product to find out more details, it just links back to the
    > Home page.
    >
    > Tried Firefox same thing.
    >
    > The local shop seems to think its my problem, well it work some days ago, but
    > since Monday no go.
    >
    > Can any one confirm this..?
    >
    > Thanks..

    I have seen that occasionally on the dse site, but it seemed specific
    to only a handful of products amd not a general bug.
    JohnO, Jul 21, 2009
  7. Woger

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:27:53 +1200, Woger <> wrote:

    >If I click on a product to find out more details, it just links back to the
    >Home page.
    >
    >Tried Firefox same thing.
    >
    >The local shop seems to think its my problem, well it work some days ago, but
    >since Monday no go.
    >
    >Can any one confirm this..?
    >
    >Thanks..

    Yeah, I get that a lot at their site. It doesn't seem to be
    browser-related.

    --
    Ray Greene
    Ray Greene, Jul 21, 2009
  8. On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:27:53 +1200, Woger <> wrote:

    >If I click on a product to find out more details, it just links back to the
    >Home page.
    >
    >Tried Firefox same thing.
    >
    >The local shop seems to think its my problem, well it work some days ago, but
    >since Monday no go.
    >
    >Can any one confirm this..?
    >
    >Thanks..

    That sounds like what happens if you have cookies disabled.
    Stephen Worthington, Jul 21, 2009
  9. Woger

    Woger Guest

    On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 23:24:56 +1200, Stephen Worthington
    <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

    >On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:27:53 +1200, Woger <> wrote:
    >
    >>If I click on a product to find out more details, it just links back to the
    >>Home page.
    >>
    >>Tried Firefox same thing.
    >>
    >>The local shop seems to think its my problem, well it work some days ago, but
    >>since Monday no go.
    >>
    >>Can any one confirm this..?
    >>
    >>Thanks..

    >That sounds like what happens if you have cookies disabled.

    They were doing a Web site update that seems to be going on for days..
    Woger, Jul 21, 2009
  10. Woger

    Mike Dee Guest

    Malcolm <> wrote:

    [...]
    > Works fine for me with firefox?
    > Must say things are now expensive, I paid US$278 for my Asus
    > 1000HE from Amazon and the want NZ$1199 ouch!

    DSE is *owned* by Woolies and even in this time of EH, profits are
    up for DSE, so what'ya expect?

    You have to scroll down the page for this bit, but the entire
    article resides here:
    <http://www.nzherald.co.nz/electronics/news/article.cfm?c_id=175&objectid=10521880>

    ------------------------------
    Woolworths also owns the Dick Smith electronics chain. Fourth
    quarter sales in consumer electronics rose 16.3 per cent, boosted by
    5 new store openings in the quarter. Comparable-store sales rose 3.8
    per cent.
    ------------------------------

    Personally, I think DSEs prices are way over the top. Maybe they
    are relying on a certain (computer illiterate) demographic for their
    sales "bread and butter".

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Jul 21, 2009
  11. Woger

    Richard Guest

    Woger wrote:

    > If I click on a product to find out more details, it just links back to the
    > Home page.
    >
    > Tried Firefox same thing.
    >
    > The local shop seems to think its my problem, well it work some days ago, but
    > since Monday no go.
    >
    > Can any one confirm this..?

    Their site is very flawed - it puts a session id in the url, if you go
    back with that url the first page or 2 will show, but then going to a
    product will not work. Takes you to the home page with a new session id
    in the links.

    also means if you are logged in and give the url in the browser to
    someone else they are then on there logged in as you so can see your
    cart/orders etc to a degree - something stops everything working but its
    a giant security hole and a braindead way to run a site. have emailed
    them before about it and they didnt have the decency to even reply.
    Richard, Jul 21, 2009