DSE VIP deal

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Troglodyte, Sep 17, 2004.

  1. Troglodyte

    Troglodyte Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Troglodyte wrote:
    >
    >>~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm a member of the DSE VIP club and got an email today offering me
    >>>a 160GB Western Digital Caviar 7,200rpm HDD for $166 inc. GST.
    >>>(Amongst other things). Damn good value I thought. It seems HDDs are
    >>>finally getting to the $1 per GB range in NZ. It wasn't even a year
    >>>ago I paid that much for an 80GB drive.
    >>>--
    >>>~misfit~
    >>>

    >>I can get you one for a 155

    > Including GST?
    >
    > I haven't looked at current prices, that just struck me as cheap.
    >
    > Oh, yeah, I can see I can get a Seagate 160 GB for $159+ GST and a few deals
    > around at similar prices.
    >
    > Hardware prices continue to drop.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    check out pricespy.co.nz Supercheap have a seagate for 155 inclusive
    Troglodyte, Sep 17, 2004

  2. Troglodyte

    Troglodyte Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > I'm a member of the DSE VIP club and got an email today offering me a 160GB
    > Western Digital Caviar 7,200rpm HDD for $166 inc. GST. (Amongst other
    > things). Damn good value I thought. It seems HDDs are finally getting to the
    > $1 per GB range in NZ. It wasn't even a year ago I paid that much for an
    > 80GB drive.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I can get you one for a 155

    ~misfit~, Sep 17, 2004
  4. ~misfit~ wrote:
    > I'm a member of the DSE VIP club and got an email today offering me a 160GB
    > Western Digital Caviar 7,200rpm HDD for $166 inc. GST. (Amongst other
    > things). Damn good value I thought. It seems HDDs are finally getting to the
    > $1 per GB range in NZ. It wasn't even a year ago I paid that much for an
    > 80GB drive.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    !!! I just bought a 120gb from DSE for that price last week ... don't
    you just hate it when stuff like that happens!
    Robert Bradshaw, Sep 17, 2004
  5. Troglodyte

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~, Sep 17, 2004
  6. Troglodyte

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Robert Bradshaw wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> I'm a member of the DSE VIP club and got an email today offering me
    >> a 160GB Western Digital Caviar 7,200rpm HDD for $166 inc. GST.
    >> (Amongst other things). Damn good value I thought. It seems HDDs are
    >> finally getting to the $1 per GB range in NZ. It wasn't even a year
    >> ago I paid that much for an 80GB drive.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > !!! I just bought a 120gb from DSE for that price last week ... don't
    > you just hate it when stuff like that happens!

    Bummer! Yeah, I've had that happen a bit too.

    Oh well, who needs the extra 40GB?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Sep 17, 2004
  7. Troglodyte

    Daniel Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > I'm a member of the DSE VIP club and got an email today offering me a 160GB
    > Western Digital Caviar 7,200rpm HDD for $166 inc. GST. (Amongst other
    > things). Damn good value I thought. It seems HDDs are finally getting to the
    > $1 per GB range in NZ. It wasn't even a year ago I paid that much for an
    > 80GB drive.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    You can also get a reasonable wireless router (802.11b) for $124.00!
    ($54.00 of normal retail for VIP member).

    It's Cat No. XH6824.

    Seriously, thinking of getting one at that price. The features aren't too bad
    either.
    Daniel, Sep 18, 2004
  8. Troglodyte

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Julian wrote:
    > "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm a member of the DSE VIP club and got an email today offering me
    >>> a 160GB Western Digital Caviar 7,200rpm HDD for $166 inc. GST.
    >>> (Amongst other things). Damn good value I thought. It seems HDDs
    >>> are finally getting to the $1 per GB range in NZ. It wasn't even a
    >>> year ago I paid that much for an 80GB drive.
    >>> --
    >>> ~misfit~
    >>>

    >> You can also get a reasonable wireless router (802.11b) for $124.00!
    >> ($54.00 of normal retail for VIP member).
    >>
    >> It's Cat No. XH6824.
    >>
    >> Seriously, thinking of getting one at that price. The features
    >> aren't too bad either.

    > how does one become a DSE VIP?

    I originally got an appliction form when I spent over $200(?) on software
    (PC games) in one visit several years ago. The option at the time was a $20
    joining fee or $200 spent at one time. However, I'm not sure that's the case
    anymore. Go to their website and try joining, I think it may be as simple as
    just signing up now although I'm not sure.

    If you buy a few bits and bobs it can be well worth it, even if it's still
    $20 to join. I bought a NiMH battery charger and 4 AA batteries last month
    and swiped my card and got nearly $10 off (-that I wasn't expecting.
    Ironically it's a VIP special this month, I could have saved $20). It's a
    pretty-much standard 10% of games (unless already on special) so if you're a
    gamer it's a good thing. Other than that when you log into their website
    using your VIP details it drops a cookie on your HDD and, on fututre visits,
    when you click on an item, if there's a VIP discount it shows up. Plus you
    get a newsletter by email letting you know the main specials.

    Not everything has a VIP price, about 10-15% of things I've looked at
    on-line have a discount for VIP customers although I don't know what the
    exact figure is. Also, every time you swipe your card you go into a draw for
    $100 store-credit, drawn once a month.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Sep 20, 2004
  9. Troglodyte

    JohnO Guest

    It's $100 now. Details are on their website www.dse.co.nz
    JohnO, Sep 20, 2004
  10. Troglodyte

    ~misfit~ Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Julian wrote:
    >>> "Daniel" <> wrote in message

    >>> how does one become a DSE VIP?

    >> I originally got an appliction form when I spent over $200(?) on
    >> software (PC games) in one visit several years ago. The option at
    >> the time was a $20 joining fee or $200 spent at one time. However,
    >> I'm not sure that's the case anymore. Go to their website and try
    >> joining, I think it may be as simple as just signing up now although
    >> I'm not sure.
    >>
    >> If you buy a few bits and bobs it can be well worth it, even if it's
    >> still $20 to join. I bought a NiMH battery charger and 4 AA
    >> batteries last month and swiped my card and got nearly $10 off
    >> (-that I wasn't expecting. Ironically it's a VIP special this month,
    >> I could have saved $20). It's a pretty-much standard 10% of games
    >> (unless already on special) so if you're a gamer it's a good thing.
    >> Other than that when you log into their website using your VIP
    >> details it drops a cookie on your HDD and, on fututre visits, when
    >> you click on an item, if there's a VIP discount it shows up. Plus
    >> you get a newsletter by email letting you know the main specials.
    >>
    >> Not everything has a VIP price, about 10-15% of things I've looked at
    >> on-line have a discount for VIP customers although I don't know what
    >> the exact figure is. Also, every time you swipe your card you go
    >> into a draw for $100 store-credit, drawn once a month.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > It's $100 now. Details are on their website www.dse.co.nz

    Thank you.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Sep 20, 2004
  11. Troglodyte

    Julian Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > JohnO wrote:
    > > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    > >> I originally got an appliction form when I spent over $200(?) on
    > >> software (PC games) in one visit several years ago. The option at
    > >> the time was a $20 joining fee or $200 spent at one time. However,
    > >> I'm not sure that's the case anymore. Go to their website and try
    > >> joining, I think it may be as simple as just signing up now although
    > >> I'm not sure.
    > >>
    > >> If you buy a few bits and bobs it can be well worth it, even if it's
    > >> still $20 to join. I bought a NiMH battery charger and 4 AA
    > >> batteries last month and swiped my card and got nearly $10 off
    > >> (-that I wasn't expecting. Ironically it's a VIP special this month,
    > >> I could have saved $20). It's a pretty-much standard 10% of games
    > >> (unless already on special) so if you're a gamer it's a good thing.
    > >> Other than that when you log into their website using your VIP
    > >> details it drops a cookie on your HDD and, on fututre visits, when
    > >> you click on an item, if there's a VIP discount it shows up. Plus
    > >> you get a newsletter by email letting you know the main specials.
    > >>
    > >> Not everything has a VIP price, about 10-15% of things I've looked at
    > >> on-line have a discount for VIP customers although I don't know what
    > >> the exact figure is. Also, every time you swipe your card you go
    > >> into a draw for $100 store-credit, drawn once a month.
    > >> --
    > >> ~misfit~
    > >>

    > > It's $100 now. Details are on their website www.dse.co.nz

    > Thank you.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    cool. thanks for your replies.
    Julian, Sep 20, 2004
  12. Troglodyte

    Julian Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    > > I'm a member of the DSE VIP club and got an email today offering me a

    160GB
    > > Western Digital Caviar 7,200rpm HDD for $166 inc. GST. (Amongst other
    > > things). Damn good value I thought. It seems HDDs are finally getting to

    the
    > > $1 per GB range in NZ. It wasn't even a year ago I paid that much for an
    > > 80GB drive.
    > > --
    > > ~misfit~
    > >

    > You can also get a reasonable wireless router (802.11b) for $124.00!
    > ($54.00 of normal retail for VIP member).
    >
    > It's Cat No. XH6824.
    >
    > Seriously, thinking of getting one at that price. The features aren't too

    bad
    > either.

    how does one become a DSE VIP?
    Julian, Oct 19, 2004