    ,,,,,,Hamilton (Barton St) have new DSE 15" LCD screens for sale at
    $388 inc GST

    Has anyone seen a better price?

    C, Nov 11, 2003

  2. C

    nrennie Guest

    Do you really want a 15 inch monitor?

    nrennie, Nov 11, 2003

  3. nrennie wrote:
    > Do you really want a 15 inch monitor?

    15" LCDs are usually have the same viewable area of a 17" CRT.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 11, 2003
  4. C wrote:

    > For those that bitch about DSE's high prices........
    >

    > ,,,,,,Hamilton (Barton St) have new DSE 15" LCD screens for sale at
    > $388 inc GST
    >
    > Has anyone seen a better price?

    If its like the one I have seen in DSE, the panel in my 4 year old laptop is
    better. Viewing angle that would be lucky to be in the double digits, and no
    matter what you did with the vertical angle it was not the same contrast at the
    top and bottom till you were several meters away.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Nov 11, 2003
  5. C

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:44:55 +1300, Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > nrennie wrote:
    >> Do you really want a 15 inch monitor?

    > 15" LCDs are usually have the same viewable area of a 17" CRT.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    17 inch CRT monitors are usually closer to 16 inch viewable area.

    Murray.

    Murray Symon, Nov 11, 2003
  6. C

    C Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:53:42 +1300, Richard Malcolm-Smith
    <> wrote:

    >C wrote:
    >

    >> For those that bitch about DSE's high prices........
    >>

    >> ,,,,,,Hamilton (Barton St) have new DSE 15" LCD screens for sale at
    >> $388 inc GST
    >>
    >> Has anyone seen a better price?

    >If its like the one I have seen in DSE, the panel in my 4 year old laptop is
    >better. Viewing angle that would be lucky to be in the double digits, and no
    >matter what you did with the vertical angle it was not the same contrast at the
    >top and bottom till you were several meters away.

    Looks like its a rebadged Proview 568.

    C, Nov 11, 2003
  7. C

    C Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:39:53 +1300, nrennie <> wrote:

    >Do you really want a 15 inch monitor?
    >

    >C wrote:
    >>
    >> For those that bitch about DSE's high prices........
    >>

    >> ,,,,,,Hamilton (Barton St) have new DSE 15" LCD screens for sale at
    >> $388 inc GST
    >>
    >> Has anyone seen a better price?

    a 15 inch LCD screen isn't too far off a 17" CRT.

    Do you really want a huge CRT sitting on your desk spewing out
    radiation? :)

    I had a 21" on my desk and the desk had a noticeable sag in it. My 17"
    is better but does take up a lot of space.

    C, Nov 11, 2003
  8. > a 15 inch LCD screen isn't too far off a 17" CRT.

    > Do you really want a huge CRT sitting on your desk spewing out
    > radiation? :)

    If it means I can have a decent resolution for under $2000, then yes.

    > I had a 21" on my desk and the desk had a noticeable sag in it. My 17"
    > is better but does take up a lot of space.

    Stop buying MDF cardboard furnature.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Nov 12, 2003