    I have a Dick Smith Flash drive. My Operating system is Windows ME. How can
    I get the Flash drive to work with ME

    Cheers..

    Possum, Jul 23, 2007

  2. Possum

    Richard Guest

    Possum wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a Dick Smith Flash drive. My Operating system is Windows ME. How can
    > I get the Flash drive to work with ME
    >
    > Cheers..

    Plug it in, and format it if its in NTFS at the moment.
    Richard, Jul 23, 2007

  3. Possum

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:58:39 +1200, Richard <> wrote:

    >Possum wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have a Dick Smith Flash drive. My Operating system is Windows ME. How can
    >> I get the Flash drive to work with ME
    >>
    >> Cheers..

    >Plug it in, and format it if its in NTFS at the moment.

    It'll need a USB driver installed for it won't it?
    Craig Shore, Jul 23, 2007
  4. Possum

    Jerry Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:58:39 +1200, Richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> Possum wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I have a Dick Smith Flash drive. My Operating system is Windows ME. How can
    >>> I get the Flash drive to work with ME
    >>>
    >>> Cheers..

    >> Plug it in, and format it if its in NTFS at the moment.

    > It'll need a USB driver installed for it won't it?

    ME doesn't, 98 does.
    Jerry, Jul 23, 2007
  5. Possum

    XPD Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > Craig Shore wrote:

    >>> Plug it in, and format it if its in NTFS at the moment.

    >> It'll need a USB driver installed for it won't it?
    >>

    > ME doesn't, 98 does.

    Id say by the OP, that hes plugged it in, and ME isnt recognising it.
    So therefore he would need a driver... I only had ME installed for a week,
    so no idea how good its support for USB gear is myself :)
    XPD, Jul 23, 2007
  6. Possum

    Jerry Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    >> Craig Shore wrote:

    >>> It'll need a USB driver installed for it won't it?
    >>>

    >> ME doesn't, 98 does.

    > Id say by the OP, that hes plugged it in, and ME isnt recognising it.
    > So therefore he would need a driver... I only had ME installed for a week,
    > so no idea how good its support for USB gear is myself :)

    ME is not as good as XP for USB support, but it should work with a flash
    drive. I've never needed one but then I haven't used a DSE flash drive
    either.
    Jerry, Jul 23, 2007
  7. Possum

    Miguel Guest

    On Jul 23, 6:38 pm, "Possum" <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a Dick Smith Flash drive. My Operating system is Windows ME. How can
    > I get the Flash drive to work with ME
    >
    > Cheers..

    Try this if you bought a Dick Smith USB 2.0 Micro Drive 128MB
    (XH8250), 256MB (XH8251), 512MB (XH8252), 1GB (XH8306) or 2GB
    (XH5174).

    Go to...
    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront

    Type into the search box...
    microdrive

    Choose....
    DSE USB 2.0 Micro Drive - Support and Data

    which will take you to a page saying...
    This is a support page for the DSE USB 2.0 Micro Drive 128MB (XH8250),
    256MB (XH8251), 512MB (XH8252), 1GB (XH8306), 2GB (XH5174).

    If this is what you've got, then click on....
    UStorage v3.8 for Win98SE ME 2K XP (Zip 1.15MB)

    Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on.....
    I ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (click here to commence download)

    Download the file, unzip it, read the User Guide, then click on U-
    Storage.exe

    Then see what happens. Don't plug in the USB drive until after the
    computer reboots.

    Might work, might not.

    Regards
    Miguel
    Miguel, Jul 23, 2007
  8. Possum

    Greg House Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:38:30 +1200, "Possum" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have a Dick Smith Flash drive. My Operating system is Windows ME. How can
    >I get the Flash drive to work with ME
    >
    >Cheers..

    Plug it into the USB Port..
    Greg House, Jul 23, 2007
  9. Possum

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:38:30 +1200, "Possum" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi
    > >
    > >I have a Dick Smith Flash drive. My Operating system is Windows ME. How can
    > >I get the Flash drive to work with ME
    > >
    > >Cheers..

    > Plug it into the USB Port..

    Well obviously he's done that diphead. Typically these things are
    supported in W2K and above - only. Prev. OS's need drivers. Looks like
    Miguel has provided the info to get them.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jul 23, 2007
  10. Possum

    Cima Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 00:20:35 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:38:30 +1200, "Possum" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi
    >> >
    >> >I have a Dick Smith Flash drive. My Operating system is Windows ME. How can
    >> >I get the Flash drive to work with ME
    >> >
    >> >Cheers..

    >> Plug it into the USB Port..

    >Well obviously he's done that diphead. Typically these things are
    >supported in W2K and above - only. Prev. OS's need drivers. Looks like
    >Miguel has provided the info to get them.

    I've plugged flash drives into many a ME box without needing drivers.

    To the OP, are other USB devices recognised? If not, check that USB in enabled
    in the bios.
    Cima, Jul 23, 2007
  11. Possum

    Greg House Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:44:04 +1200, Cima <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 00:20:35 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> says...

    >>> Plug it into the USB Port..

    >>Well obviously he's done that diphead. Typically these things are
    >>supported in W2K and above - only. Prev. OS's need drivers. Looks like
    >>Miguel has provided the info to get them.

    >I've plugged flash drives into many a ME box without needing drivers.
    >
    >To the OP, are other USB devices recognised? If not, check that USB in enabled
    >in the bios.

    Later version of Win 98se came with usb drivers, ME to my mind comes with usb drivers..
    Greg House, Jul 23, 2007
  12. Possum

    Jerry Guest

    Greg House wrote:

    > Later version of Win 98se came with usb drivers, ME to my mind comes with usb drivers..

    But they don't support flash drives. With ME it should recognise it as
    soon as you plug it in, I haven't seen one that doesn't.
    Jerry, Jul 24, 2007
  13. Possum

    Ross Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:17:30 +1200, Jerry
    <> wrote:

    >Greg House wrote:
    >

    >> Later version of Win 98se came with usb drivers, ME to my mind comes with usb drivers..
    >>

    >But they don't support flash drives. With ME it should recognise it as
    >soon as you plug it in, I haven't seen one that doesn't.

    You could try "Generic Win98 USB driver"- filename is nusb23e.exe
    649 KB, I got this from somewhere in October 06.

    I see this text inside the file:
    Native (without installation of additional drivers
    for each type) support USB flash drives, digital
    photo and videocameras and other similar devices.
    Remember! You install it at own risk!
    Before installation remove ALL of driver
    USB flash drivs, available in system.
    Ross, Jul 24, 2007