    limitations eg only dvd+r-+rw but it is for only household use.
    What I would like to know is Has anyone got one and their experence
    with it,and who it is made by.

    me.at@yahoo..co..nz, Dec 15, 2005

  2. me.at@yahoo..co..nz

    thing2 Guest

    me.at@yahoo..co..nz wrote:
    > Sorry about ot but cant find info any where else and wifes getting
    > ansy about my dithering about this product.
    > I/SHE wants to get the DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder I have
    > looked at others and the price is way out of reach,I know its
    > limitations eg only dvd+r-+rw but it is for only household use.
    > What I would like to know is Has anyone got one and their experence
    > with it,and who it is made by.

    DSE stuff sometimes seems to be digitor rebranded, I got one after 2 or
    3 of their matsui dvd crap things kept failing, it has been A1 in 2
    years....

    Does it have a 1 year or 2 year warrantee?

    When I need to replace the video recorder, Im going to get one.

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Dec 15, 2005

  3. On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:18:43 +1300, me.at@yahoo..co..nz wrote:
    update after much research and hair pulling looks like its a hyundai
    DVR-950a well the pics look the same
    reviews of other hyundai dvd look good so far anyhow

    me.at@yahoo..co..nz, Dec 16, 2005
  4. me.at@yahoo..co..nz

    A Guest

    On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:18:43 +1300, me.at@yahoo..co..nz wrote:

    >Sorry about ot but cant find info any where else and wifes getting
    >ansy about my dithering about this product.
    >I/SHE wants to get the DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder I have
    >looked at others and the price is way out of reach,I know its
    >limitations eg only dvd+r-+rw but it is for only household use.
    >What I would like to know is Has anyone got one and their experence
    >with it,and who it is made by.

    Shop around and you can get some good discounts on brand name items. I
    have a magnavox DVD recorder I got cheap and the software is crap - it
    does the job but its not exactly user friendly (same goes for the
    remote). The bigger brand names have had a lot more experience in
    getting the user interface right.

    Noel Leeming recently had the Panasonic 200GB HDD DVD Recorder with a
    10 pack of DVD-Ram for $850 (it was $200 off down to $999 and then
    they had a one day 15% off DVD Recorders).

    I phoned DSE Powerhouse who sell the same model for $1200+ and
    advertised that they would price match and give another 5% off. They
    didn't seem to want to in this instance (it was a mate I was talking
    to so I didn't want to push it - besides I wasn't going to buy one
    anyway but someone else I know ended up buying one from NL)

    A, Dec 16, 2005