    $700

    The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go out..

    One is even a Sony Beta..

    XP, Nov 8, 2005

  2. XP

    J Brockley Guest

    Given that you can get a EH50 for $800ish it doesn't seem that competitive.

    J Brockley, Nov 8, 2005

  3. XP

    GraB Guest

    On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 18:44:21 +1300, XP
    <> wrote:

    >What is the verdict on this thing
    >

    >DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
    >

    >$700
    >

    >The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go out..
    >
    >One is even a Sony Beta..

    Is there that much on TV worth recording?

    GraB, Nov 8, 2005
  4. XP

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:06:14 +1300, "J Brockley" <> wrote:

    >Given that you can get a EH50 for $800ish it doesn't seem that competitive.

    But that one does not have a 120gig HD..

    XP, Nov 8, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    GraB <> wrote:

    > Is there that much on TV worth recording?

    Not until you go to Sky, then you are stuffed trying to select the right
    channel at the appropriate time. The Sky recorder looks more promising,
    aside from the price.

    --
    Dibley

    Dibley Fanshaw, Nov 8, 2005
  6. XP

    steve Guest

    XP wrote:

    > The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
    > out..
    >
    > One is even a Sony Beta..

    You watch FAR too much TV if you watch what you record. :)

    steve, Nov 8, 2005
  7. XP

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:25:05 +1300, Dibley Fanshaw <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > GraB <> wrote:
    >
    >> Is there that much on TV worth recording?

    >Not until you go to Sky, then you are stuffed trying to select the right
    >channel at the appropriate time. The Sky recorder looks more promising,
    >aside from the price.

    Can you Record 4 channels at the same time...?

    The Sky recorder is Crap no cue and review

    XP, Nov 8, 2005
  8. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message

    > What is the verdict on this thing
    >

    > DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
    >

    > $700
    >

    > The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
    > out..
    >
    > One is even a Sony Beta..

    LOL

    Problem is how do you find the time to watch the rubbish that 4 VCRs have
    recorded?

    Just buy 4 DVD recorders and your problem is solved. You might even get
    some discount.

    I bet Dick Smith have it down to $500 in the Christmas / New Year sales.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Nov 8, 2005
  9. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 18:44:21 +1300, XP
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>What is the verdict on this thing
    >>

    >>DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
    >>

    >>$700
    >>

    >>The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
    >>out..
    >>
    >>One is even a Sony Beta..
    >>

    > Is there that much on TV worth recording?

    Hell yes. You can't deprive Roger of all the Informercials that he's able
    to record each night.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Nov 8, 2005
  10. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > XP wrote:
    >
    >> The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
    >> out..
    >>
    >> One is even a Sony Beta..

    > You watch FAR too much TV if you watch what you record. :)

    If he's actually watching it all, then who the Hell has he got in here
    posting all the time?
    His PC must be on auto-pilot.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Nov 8, 2005
  11. "XP" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:25:05 +1300, Dibley Fanshaw
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> GraB <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there that much on TV worth recording?

    >>Not until you go to Sky, then you are stuffed trying to select the right
    >>channel at the appropriate time. The Sky recorder looks more promising,
    >>aside from the price.

    > Can you Record 4 channels at the same time...?
    >
    > The Sky recorder is Crap no cue and review

    But, it has the most important feature - electronic program guide.

    It can record 2 channels at once.

    Not too bad, especially if you are a long term sky viewer.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 8, 2005
  12. XP

    Mutlley Guest

    "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:

    >"XP" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> What is the verdict on this thing
    >>

    >> DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
    >>

    >> $700
    >>

    >> The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
    >> out..
    >>
    >> One is even a Sony Beta..

    >LOL
    >
    >Problem is how do you find the time to watch the rubbish that 4 VCRs have
    >recorded?
    >
    >Just buy 4 DVD recorders and your problem is solved. You might even get
    >some discount.
    >
    >I bet Dick Smith have it down to $500 in the Christmas / New Year sales.
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    Maybe .. But will it be crap like their non HD recorder that came
    bottom on a Consumer test..??

    Mutlley, Nov 8, 2005
  13. XP

    J Brockley Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:06:14 +1300, "J Brockley" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Given that you can get a EH50 for $800ish it doesn't seem that
    >>competitive.

    > But that one does not have a 120gig HD..

    True but usabilty is probably worth the difference. I've used some of the
    cheaper HDD recorders and their limitations made buying a Panasonic worth
    the extra.

    J Brockley, Nov 8, 2005
  14. XP

    SNOman Guest

    Dibley Fanshaw wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > GraB <> wrote:
    >

    >>Is there that much on TV worth recording?

    > Not until you go to Sky, then you are stuffed trying to select the right
    > channel at the appropriate time. The Sky recorder looks more promising,
    > aside from the price.

    Sky's crap as well. They do that many replays that's there's almost no
    point recording stuff

    SNOman, Nov 8, 2005
  15. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:
    >

    >>"XP" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> What is the verdict on this thing
    >>>

    >>> DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
    >>>

    >>> $700
    >>>

    >>> The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
    >>> out..
    >>>
    >>> One is even a Sony Beta..

    >>LOL
    >>
    >>Problem is how do you find the time to watch the rubbish that 4 VCRs have
    >>recorded?
    >>
    >>Just buy 4 DVD recorders and your problem is solved. You might even get
    >>some discount.
    >>
    >>I bet Dick Smith have it down to $500 in the Christmas / New Year sales.
    >>
    >>E. Scrooge
    >>

    > Maybe .. But will it be crap like their non HD recorder that came
    > bottom on a Consumer test..??

    I must admit I'd have a lot more confidence with a good quality brand name
    DVD recorder. The extra cost of it would be well worth it, after all one
    would to get pretty good reliable results with it.

    Also David posted some interesting experiances with a LG DVD recorder he had
    bought, but later ended up getting the store to change it for a better
    Pioneer DVD recorder that actually did the job properly for him.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Nov 9, 2005
  16. XP

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 18:44:21 +1300, XP
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >What is the verdict on this thing
    > >

    > >DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
    > >

    > >$700
    > >

    > >The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go out..
    > >
    > >One is even a Sony Beta..
    > >

    > Is there that much on TV worth recording?

    Hell no. I only record stuff for the old folks, watch about 1 hr TV a
    day if that.

    Rob J, Nov 9, 2005
  17. XP

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:25:05 +1300, Dibley Fanshaw <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > GraB <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Is there that much on TV worth recording?

    > >Not until you go to Sky, then you are stuffed trying to select the right
    > >channel at the appropriate time. The Sky recorder looks more promising,
    > >aside from the price.

    > Can you Record 4 channels at the same time...?

    Can you watch 4 channels at the same time...?

    Rob J, Nov 9, 2005
  18. XP

    XP Guest

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 01:53:07 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:25:05 +1300, Dibley Fanshaw <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Not until you go to Sky, then you are stuffed trying to select the right
    >> >channel at the appropriate time. The Sky recorder looks more promising,
    >> >aside from the price.

    >> Can you Record 4 channels at the same time...?

    >Can you watch 4 channels at the same time...?

    What a Utter Stupid reply, go play with your Rattle or Read your Noddy Book..

    XP, Nov 9, 2005
  19. XP

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 01:53:07 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > >says...

    > >> Can you Record 4 channels at the same time...?

    > >Can you watch 4 channels at the same time...?

    > What a Utter Stupid reply, go play with your Rattle or Read your Noddy Book..

    Who in their right mind needs to record 4 channels all at once?

    Rob J, Nov 9, 2005
  20. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Rob J" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 01:53:07 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <>,
    >> >says...

    >> >Can you watch 4 channels at the same time...?

    >> What a Utter Stupid reply, go play with your Rattle or Read your Noddy
    >> Book..

    > Who in their right mind needs to record 4 channels all at once?

    Any sane person would choose the best 1 or 2 channels for that night.
    After Roger has recorded the BBC, a couple of SKY movies, the Discovery
    channel, and God knows what else all during the same night. It's amazing he
    can find the time to watch it all before recording more crap from 4 channels
    right through the next night.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Nov 9, 2005