DSE DVD burner XH6851 - unusable - drivers?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. thing

    thing Guest

    Hi all,

    Bought one of these yesterday after 5 hours+ I was unable to get it to
    work on an G3 IMac under 10.3, a win2k PC and a win2k laptop (toshiba).

    Took it back and the nice sales guy replaced it, but I had taken the
    laptop in with me, after 45mins in the shop of trying to get it to
    install I gave up and got my money back...

    Anybody else had a bad experience with these? It kept asking for
    geneuid.sys and genuid.inf when all that was on the DSE cdrom was
    ubistor.sys and inf (or something).

    The first unit was u/s I suspect as it would not detect, the second came
    up as an optical mass storage device but would not accept the supplied
    DSE drivers or indeed the latest copy off thier web site.

    Any idea what is going on?

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Jul 4, 2004