    Looks like they are Conexant AMX-CA61E with slightly customised
    firmware. Gets a reasonable review, too.

    cheers

    -=rjh=-, Oct 1, 2004

  2. -=rjh=-

    PC Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Possibly of interest to those looking at ADSL.
    >
    > I'd been wondering just what brand DSEs cheap devices really are, and
    > stumbled across this just now.
    >
    > http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2002/q1/amx-ca61e.asp
    >
    > Looks like they are Conexant AMX-CA61E with slightly customised firmware.
    > Gets a reasonable review, too.
    >
    > cheers

    From the DSE upgrade file
    · XH7916 - This is the first DSE ADSL Router solution and is based on the
    Conexant Falcon2P 4x chipset solution.

    · XH1149 - This replacement model for XH7916 utilises the same firmware and
    is based on the single chip Conexant Falcon 2P

    solution.

    · XH1169 - This model replaces XH1149, utilises the same firmware as XH7916
    and XH1149 and is based on Conexant Falcon

    2P with Realtek switch chipset.

    is the 'Falcon 2P" the same as AMZ-CA61E ?

    Interesting to note the rip off price

    DSE XH1169 $NZ159 = £58 vs their £90 = 55% mark up.
    I'll bet there is a lot of computer dealers here that would like that
    margin.

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Oct 2, 2004

  3. -=rjh=-

    EMB Guest

    PC wrote:

    > DSE XH1169 $NZ159 = £58 vs their £90 = 55% mark up.
    > I'll bet there is a lot of computer dealers here that would like that
    > margin.

    That's a March 2002 review and price - DSE were at least that expensive
    2 1/2 years ago.

    --
    EMB
    change two to the number to reply
    EMB, Oct 2, 2004
  4. In article <>, -=rjh=- <>
    wrote:

    > Possibly of interest to those looking at ADSL.
    >
    > I'd been wondering just what brand DSEs cheap devices really are, and
    > stumbled across this just now.
    >
    > http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2002/q1/amx-ca61e.asp
    >
    > Looks like they are Conexant AMX-CA61E with slightly customised
    > firmware. Gets a reasonable review, too.

    Subject to availability of course. The XH1169 is listed as being
    available from 3 ChCh stores but a client was complaining on Friday that
    they were all sold out. Last I heard there was a 3 week delay with the
    next shipment comprising hundreds when there would normally be
    thousands. Maybe they know something we don't.

    --
    Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)
    Nigel Crompton, Oct 3, 2004