DSE 50CD Spindles

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by CSE, Apr 23, 2005.

  1. CSE

    CSE Guest

    CSE, Apr 23, 2005

  2. CSE

    Me Guest

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:47:57 +1200, CSE <>
    wrote:
    <bla bla bla>

    And your point is????????

    Me, Apr 23, 2005

  3. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:18:46 +1200, Me <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:47:57 +1200, CSE <>
    >wrote:
    ><bla bla bla>
    >
    >And your point is????????

    And your point in being a Idiot and posting this Stupid comment is.?

    CSE, Apr 24, 2005
  4. CSE

    XPD Guest

    "CSE" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:18:46 +1200, Me <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:47:57 +1200, CSE <>
    > >wrote:
    > ><bla bla bla>
    > >
    > >And your point is????????

    > And your point in being a Idiot and posting this Stupid comment is.?

    No I have to agree with Me..... your post was a little bit "bland" :p

    XPD, Apr 24, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    CSE <> wrote:

    >DSE 50CD Spindles

    I don't like no-name brands. I bought an Imation 100CD box, which will
    probably last me for years, since I use more DVDs these days.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 24, 2005
  6. CSE

    shannon Guest

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:55:52 +1200, XPD wrote:

    > "CSE" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:18:46 +1200, Me <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:47:57 +1200, CSE <>
    >> >wrote:
    >> ><bla bla bla>
    >> >
    >> >And your point is????????

    >> And your point in being a Idiot and posting this Stupid comment is.?
    >>

    > No I have to agree with Me..... your post was a little bit "bland" :p

    Heh
    A case of the bland leading the bland perhaps ?

    shannon, Apr 24, 2005
  7. CSE

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > CSE <> wrote:
    >

    >>DSE 50CD Spindles

    > I don't like no-name brands. I bought an Imation 100CD box, which will
    > probably last me for years, since I use more DVDs these days.

    Yes but... DSE brand are often clearly labelled as being Imation as
    well, and the last lot I bought (10CD spindles) were cheaper than any
    Imation price. The 50CD spindles are a generic brand.

    Not that the Imation name really means a lot these days.

    -=rjh=-, Apr 24, 2005
  8. CSE

    XPD Guest

    > In article <>,
    > CSE <> wrote:
    >
    > >DSE 50CD Spindles

    > I don't like no-name brands. I bought an Imation 100CD box, which will
    > probably last me for years, since I use more DVDs these days.

    I quite often buy the DSE CDs and found theyre more reliable than some of
    the major bands out there. Dont think Ive coastered one yet due the media
    itself...more a software/drive fault.

    XPD, Apr 24, 2005
  9. CSE

    Nova Guest

    XPD wrote:

    >>In article <>,
    >> CSE <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>DSE 50CD Spindles

    >>I don't like no-name brands. I bought an Imation 100CD box, which will
    >>probably last me for years, since I use more DVDs these days.

    > I quite often buy the DSE CDs and found theyre more reliable than some of
    > the major bands out there. Dont think Ive coastered one yet due the media
    > itself...more a software/drive fault.

    Yeah but it's not just if they burn ok, it's how long they can keep that
    data without degrading.. Cheap DVD's might lose all their data 2 years
    later.. not saying that imation are like that, I am not sure on this
    disc id code..

    The best discs are Taiyo Yuden (TYG01), or any discs made at that
    manufacturing plant with the DISC ID starting with TY.. That's going by
    all the reivews at cdfreaks,cdrinfo and forums at whirlpool where all
    the best quality discs are made at that plant, but I've yet to find any
    with that code in nz..

    If anyone has any DVD's with that code yell out 'cause I'd like to buy a
    few quality ones for a few things that I want to keep a little bit longer..

    Nova, Apr 24, 2005
  10. CSE

    Nova Guest

    heh ignore my post (i was talking about dvd's)

    Nova, Apr 24, 2005
  11. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:24:36 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > CSE <> wrote:
    >
    >>DSE 50CD Spindles

    >I don't like no-name brands. I bought an Imation 100CD box, which will
    >probably last me for years, since I use more DVDs these days.

    BUT Imation is a no name brands as they do not make the CD's, usually by
    Ritek or CMC Magnetic's

    I posted the Full info on these CD and the Brand, so how can it be a no name
    brand..?

    CSE, Apr 24, 2005
  12. CSE

    S Roby Guest

    >Yeah but it's not just if they burn ok, it's how long they can keep that
    >data without degrading.. Cheap DVD's might lose all their data 2 years

    Ive got lots of old CDR generics, none have degraded.

    However, SKC DVD+RW seem a bit out of balance in my DVD recorder.

    S Roby, Apr 24, 2005
  13. In article <426b105b$>, -=rjh=- <>
    wrote:

    >Not that the Imation name really means a lot these days.

    Have there been any problems with them?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 24, 2005
  14. In article <>,
    CSE <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:24:36 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    ><_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>I don't like no-name brands. I bought an Imation 100CD box, which will
    >>probably last me for years, since I use more DVDs these days.

    >BUT Imation is a no name brands as they do not make the CD's, usually by
    >Ritek or CMC Magnetic's

    A name brand has more to lose if a quality problem emerges. The discs
    might indeed be made by another company, but the name brand imposes its
    own QC on the product, so it's not necessarily the same as other
    batches, sold under other names, coming out of the same factory.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 24, 2005
  15. CSE

    gingernutz Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message

    > "CSE" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:18:46 +1200, Me <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:47:57 +1200, CSE <>
    >> >wrote:
    >> ><bla bla bla>
    >> >
    >> >And your point is????????

    >> And your point in being a Idiot and posting this Stupid comment is.?
    >>

    > No I have to agree with Me..... your post was a little bit "bland" :p

    Me 2

    gingernutz, Apr 25, 2005