    where?

    Thanks!
    Edwin

    Edwin R., Jan 8, 2004

  2. Edwin R.

    Aphelion Guest

    My question is where's the proof of purchase tabs? I can't find them
    anywhere!

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Edwin R.

    Guest

    They are on the bottom inside flap of the back of the slipcase.
    If you open up the back you can get right at the proof of purchase
    tabs

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:04:03 GMT, "Aphelion" <>
    wrote:

    >My question is where's the proof of purchase tabs? I can't find them
    >anywhere!
    >
    >Aphelion
    >
    >"Edwin R." <> wrote in message
    >> Hi -
    >>
    >> I bought seasons 6 and 7 of DS9 (used) and I was wondering how I get
    >> the $25 rebate. I didn't see any rebate form inside the boxes. Do I
    >> just mail the proof of purchase tabs and the receipt, and if so, to
    >> where?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Edwin

    , Jan 8, 2004
  4. Edwin R.

    jayembee Guest

    (Edwin R.) wrote:

    > I bought seasons 6 and 7 of DS9 (used) and I was wondering
    > how I get the $25 rebate. I didn't see any rebate form
    > inside the boxes. Do I just mail the proof of purchase
    > tabs and the receipt, and if so, to where?

    I already mailed mine, so I don't have one to look up, but
    IIRC, the form was a little fold-up thing that was attached
    to the outside of the shrink rap like a "packing list".

    And I believe that they require the actual rebate form. Not
    sure why, as the POP tabs and the receipt should be enough
    proof that you bought the things.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Edwin R.

    jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    > "Aphelion" <> wrote:
    >
    >> My question is where's the proof of purchase tabs?
    >> I can't find them anywhere!

    > They are on the bottom inside flap of the back of the
    > slipcase. If you open up the back you can get right at
    > the proof of purchase tabs

    Also note that they aren't the typical cardboard or paper
    tabs, but of the same clear plastic that the slipcases
    are made of. That's what initially fooled me when I first
    looked for them.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Edwin R.

    Rich Clark Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > (Edwin R.) wrote:

    > And I believe that they require the actual rebate form. Not
    > sure why, as the POP tabs and the receipt should be enough
    > proof that you bought the things.

    Probably so that someone who buys a used set can't try to claim a rebate on
    a set that's already been sold and rebated once.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Edwin R. wrote:
    > Hi -
    >
    > I bought seasons 6 and 7 of DS9 (used) and I was wondering how I get
    > the $25 rebate.

    My bet is, you do it by not buying used. I have no problem with buying
    used, but I don't expect any company to give the rebate to both myself
    and the original customer.

    Adios,
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Edwin R.

    jayembee Guest

    "Rich Clark" <> wrote:

    > "jayembee" <> wrote:
    >
    >> (Edwin R.) wrote:

    >> And I believe that they require the actual rebate form.
    >> Not sure why, as the POP tabs and the receipt should be
    >> enough proof that you bought the things.

    > Probably so that someone who buys a used set can't try
    > to claim a rebate on a set that's already been sold and
    > rebated once.

    With the exception of the Warner/New Line snapper case
    releases, which have a line of POP tabs up the spine,
    every DVD I've ever seen -- including the DS9s -- has
    only one POP tab. So a used copy cannot be rebated a
    second time, because the POP tab will already be missing.

    And the receipt (with the price circled, as they always ask)
    should indicate the likelihood that you bought it new.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 9, 2004
  9. Edwin R.

    Edwin R. Guest

    Thing is, the used sets that I bought still have their POP tabs
    intact. So, the previous owner/s would not have taken advantage of
    the rebate. Question: is there anyone who has a "spare" sticker? I
    think both seasons 6 and 7 had this sticker on it so if you haven't
    used one, would anyone be okay to part with it? Thanks....

    Edwin R., Jan 10, 2004
  10. Edwin R.

    SRT Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > They are on the bottom inside flap of the back of the slipcase.
    > If you open up the back you can get right at the proof of purchase
    > tabs
    >
    > On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:04:03 GMT, "Aphelion" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >My question is where's the proof of purchase tabs? I can't find them
    > >anywhere!

    I must be blind as I don't see a POP tab anywhere.

    srt

    SRT, Jan 10, 2004
  11. Edwin R.

    Edwin R. Guest

    (Edwin R.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi -
    >
    > I bought seasons 6 and 7 of DS9 (used) and I was wondering how I get
    > the $25 rebate. I didn't see any rebate form inside the boxes. Do I
    > just mail the proof of purchase tabs and the receipt, and if so, to
    > where?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Edwin

    Hi!

    Managed to get a rebate form from a buddy of mine who had both 6 and 7
    and only used one form. Interesting to note that they need at least 1
    sales receipt for either 6 or 7. Anyway,I hope that for Voyager,
    they'll put a rebate form inside (similar to what they did with TNG)
    instead of sticking it on.

    Edwin R., Jan 21, 2004