    from another router vendor (Juniper, for example).

    Thanks,

    Joe

    Joe McGuckin, Oct 30, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Joe McGuckin <> wrote:
    :Cisco's PA-MC-T3 card supports c-bit and m23 framing. Other vendors
    :support c-bit and m13
    :framing.

    :Is Cisco's M23 framing the same as or interoperable with m13 framing
    :from another router vendor (Juniper, for example).

    I know next to nothing about DS3, but I just did some checking around
    and realized that the answer must be NO.

    If you examine the T3 Fundamentals description at
    http://www.quickeagle.com/PDF/Services/t3fund.pdf
    then you will see that M13 multiplexes directly from T1 to T3,
    and M23 multiplexes from T2 to T3. Notice that M23 starts with T2,
    not with T1. There is also a two-stage M12 M23 (T1 to T2, T2 to T3)
    process that starts with T1 and ends with T3, but I get the impression
    that perhaps the result is not the same as M13 [e.g., perhaps you
    end up with different bit stuffing or something like that.]
    --
    Before responding, take into account the possibility that the Universe
    was created just an instant ago, and that you have not actually read

    Walter Roberson, Oct 30, 2003