    1
    We are getting a 7204VXr along with a new DS3 connection. Would anyone have a DS3 config to use as a template? Even better would be if it had the hardened ACL (deny private IPs, etc.) included with it. I know this is asking a lot. Any info is highly apprecaited.

    Thanks,
    jacob600, Oct 31, 2007

  2. jacob600

    goojopa

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Here is the config on one of our 7204's.

    interface Serial1/0
    description DS3
    bandwidth 45000
    ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252
    ip access-group 199 in
    ip route-cache flow
    dsu mode 2
    dsu bandwidth 44210
    framing c-bit
    cablelength 100
    serial restart-delay 0
    no cdp enable

    The config will vary slightly depending on the telco. We have another DS3 from a different telco that has scramble turned on, but you'll just have to ask your telco.

    The acl on this router isn't blocking private IP's, but here is what it does block:

    access-list 199 deny udp any any eq snmp log
    access-list 199 deny tcp any any eq 0 log
    access-list 199 deny udp any any eq ntp log
    access-list 199 deny tcp any any eq telnet log
    access-list 199 deny icmp any any timestamp-reply log
    access-list 199 deny icmp any any timestamp-request log
    access-list 199 permit ip any any

    Hope this helps!
    goojopa, Nov 6, 2007