    I'm just keen to get my profile, so I can start making decent prints.

    --
    www.ericschreiber.com

    Eric Schreiber, Feb 11, 2006

  2. Eric Schreiber <eric at ericschreiber dot com> wrote:

    > Anyone use Dry Creek Photo for a custom ICC profile recently? After
    > reading a number of positive recommendations for them, I sent in
    > samples and a check on 1/19. I know they take 2 to 3 weeks, and I can
    > live with that, but so far they haven't even deposited the check. I
    > emailed them yesterday, but haven't yet received a response.
    >
    > I'm just keen to get my profile, so I can start making decent prints.

    Dry Creek Photo supplies profiles for printers that Costco uses. I have
    had great success with these profiles and recommend a color managed
    workflow using their profiles.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Feb 13, 2006

  3. Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

    > Dry Creek Photo supplies profiles for printers that Costco uses. I
    > have had great success with these profiles and recommend a color
    > managed workflow using their profiles.

    Um, yeah, I know that. I'm just wondering why they haven't processed
    the samples, or even cashed the check, that I sent in almost a month
    ago.

    --
    www.ericschreiber.com

    Eric Schreiber, Feb 13, 2006
  4. Eric Schreiber <eric at ericschreiber dot com> wrote:
    > Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    >
    >> Dry Creek Photo supplies profiles for printers that Costco uses. I
    >> have had great success with these profiles and recommend a color
    >> managed workflow using their profiles.

    > Um, yeah, I know that. I'm just wondering why they haven't processed
    > the samples, or even cashed the check, that I sent in almost a month
    > ago.

    Sorry about that, I didn't thoroughly read your post. I was quite a way
    off on that one.

    Rereading your original post, suggests to me that perhaps you should
    call them. When you checked out via PayPal, they should have sent you a
    phone number.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Feb 13, 2006
  5. Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

    > Sorry about that, I didn't thoroughly read your post. I was quite a
    > way off on that one.

    I appreciate the feedback re: CostCo profiles, anyway. Most of my
    printing is at my desktop (hence getting the custom profiles) but for
    anything over 8x10, CostCo was where I planned on going.

    > Rereading your original post, suggests to me that perhaps you should
    > call them. When you checked out via PayPal, they should have sent
    > you a phone number.

    I paid via personal check, and it has not yet been cashed. My initial
    concern was that perhaps the postal service had lost the packet. I did
    email Dry Creek and ask, but almost a week later have received no
    reply. In doing some research I found that about a year ago, the guy
    behind Dry Creek was seriously ill, and now I wonder if perhaps that is
    still going on and slowing their response time.

    --
    www.ericschreiber.com

    Eric Schreiber, Feb 13, 2006
  6. Eric Schreiber <eric at ericschreiber dot com> wrote:
    > Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry about that, I didn't thoroughly read your post. I was quite a
    >> way off on that one.

    > I appreciate the feedback re: CostCo profiles, anyway. Most of my
    > printing is at my desktop (hence getting the custom profiles) but for
    > anything over 8x10, CostCo was where I planned on going.
    >
    >> Rereading your original post, suggests to me that perhaps you should
    >> call them. When you checked out via PayPal, they should have sent
    >> you a phone number.

    > I paid via personal check, and it has not yet been cashed. My initial
    > concern was that perhaps the postal service had lost the packet. I did
    > email Dry Creek and ask, but almost a week later have received no
    > reply. In doing some research I found that about a year ago, the guy
    > behind Dry Creek was seriously ill, and now I wonder if perhaps that is
    > still going on and slowing their response time.

    How did you pay with a check? What I mean is that their website
    indicates you pay by Paypal (which can be either checking EFT or credit
    card). How did you ever find an address to send the check too? I
    assumed you paid via Paypal because of the sites current configuration.
    If I were you, I would find a phone number and call ... or cancel your
    check and use Paypal, the current suggested payment method. Perhaps
    they will drop the check cancelling fee from your new fee.

    Having said that, I know that they are still active as a company, as
    they just recently updated all of the Costco profiles.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Feb 13, 2006
  7. Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

    > How did you pay with a check? What I mean is that their website
    > indicates you pay by Paypal (which can be either checking EFT or
    > credit card). How did you ever find an address to send the check
    > too?

    The PDF order form includes boxes for Paypal and Check Enclosed. The
    address is on that form, as part of the instructions on where to mail
    the target you want a custom profile for.

    And again I thank you - now that I look at the PDF order form, I see a
    phone number to contact them.

    I must be getting old. :)

    --
    www.ericschreiber.com

    Eric Schreiber, Feb 13, 2006
  8. Eric Schreiber <eric at ericschreiber dot com> wrote:

    > The PDF order form includes boxes for Paypal and Check Enclosed. The
    > address is on that form, as part of the instructions on where to mail
    > the target you want a custom profile for.
    >
    > And again I thank you - now that I look at the PDF order form, I see a
    > phone number to contact them.
    >
    > I must be getting old. :)

    I am glad that I was able to help, even if it was in a very limitted
    manner :)

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Feb 13, 2006