    knows the right words to put in.. please let me know.

    --
    Bill

    Baldy, Dec 24, 2006

  2. Baldy

    philo Guest

    "Baldy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Acid cell batteries I know how to clean up corrosion..
    > but..
    > How about dry cell batteries? Baking soda doesn't seem to work with them.
    > Water rinse helps but doesn't do a thorough job.
    >
    > Thanks for help.. BTW, I have not been succesful with google so, if

    someone
    > knows the right words to put in.. please let me know.

    I usually use rubbing alchhol

    philo, Dec 25, 2006

  3. Baldy

    Baldy Guest

    Thanks Philo.. I just found out from another source that dry cells are made
    up of a basic paste rather than the acid in a wet cell..

    They said to use a diluted 50-50 mix of water and white vinegar. Makes
    sense if the paste is basic in nature.

    Following the vinegar neutralization.. I'd guess that the rubbing alcohol
    would be great to clean up the vinegar to prevent any attack on the metal
    parts by the acid nature of the vinegar.. all tho I doubt it's acid enough
    to do any harm.

    Merry Christmas, Bill

    Baldy, Dec 25, 2006
  4. Baldy

    philo Guest

    "Baldy" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Philo.. I just found out from another source that dry cells are

    made
    > up of a basic paste rather than the acid in a wet cell..
    >
    > They said to use a diluted 50-50 mix of water and white vinegar. Makes
    > sense if the paste is basic in nature.
    >
    > Following the vinegar neutralization.. I'd guess that the rubbing alcohol
    > would be great to clean up the vinegar to prevent any attack on the metal
    > parts by the acid nature of the vinegar.. all tho I doubt it's acid enough
    > to do any harm.

    I have a solution of equal parts water, rubbing alcohol and vinegar
    that I use on most things...
    it's cheap and usually does a good job

    philo, Dec 26, 2006