    but most of the time my desktop displays a "cannot find server" unless I
    disconnect the router cable from the DSL modem. Do I have something connected
    incorrectly?

    =?Utf-8?B?YnVja3k=?=, Aug 25, 2006

  2. Hi
    You can not connect directly the Computer and the Router to the same Modem
    (unless you have a multiple external IP account). The Computer should be
    plugged into a regular port on the Router. By doing so both computers would
    work well, that is what the Router is for.
    Should Look like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 25, 2006