  1. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    i cant get rid of the bloody things
    Stephen, Jul 25, 2013

  2. "Stephen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >i cant get rid of the bloody things

    ???
    Jeff Strickland, Jul 25, 2013

  3. Stephen

    Paul Guest

    Stephen wrote:
    > i cant get rid of the bloody things

    Pictures, or it didn't happen :)

    Note - you don't have to take a picture of your own
    screen. You can use an image search engine, and find
    us an example of exactly what you're seeing.

    If you take a picture of your screen, you can post to
    imageshack.us . That's the site I use for showing pictures
    of stuff. Here's an example of the last picture I put up.
    Select "Do Not Resize", when uploading.

    http://imageshack.us/a/img14/514/ap9.gif

    If you want to search for someone else's pictures, try here.

    http://www.google.ca/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi

    Paul
    Paul, Jul 25, 2013
  4. Stephen

    Paul Guest

    Stephen wrote:
    > i cant get rid of the bloody things

    And if you think it's malware, you can try MBAM
    (the free on-demand scanner version, not the paid version),
    or adwcleaner. You try MBAM first. And if it is
    actually a "Potentially Unwanted Program", then try
    adwcleaner. MBAM doesn't do everything.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malwarebytes (use the free one-time-scan version)

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

    Good malware will prevent those from running, in which case
    there are procedures for killing the malware first, so the
    tools can load.

    And tools like Kaspersky (free boot CD, 237MB ISO9660 file),
    can be used for regular malware. This is a one-time-scan
    as well, and not a regular, full protection thing. It will
    at least identify the infection, for regular malware.

    http://support.kaspersky.com/8092

    Paul
    Paul, Jul 25, 2013
  5. Stephen

    VanguardLH Guest

    Stephen wrote:

    > i cant get rid of the bloody things

    Oh wow, yep, that was oh so very detailed.
    Next.
    VanguardLH, Jul 27, 2013
  6. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    knobhead

    Stephen, Jul 27, 2013
  7. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    you have to pay

    Stephen, Jul 27, 2013
  8. Stephen

    Paul Guest

    Stephen wrote:
    > you have to pay
    >
    > "Paul" wrote in message news:kss5q1$8e3$...
    >
    > Stephen wrote:
    >> i cant get rid of the bloody things

    > And if you think it's malware, you can try MBAM
    > (the free on-demand scanner version, not the paid version),
    > or adwcleaner. You try MBAM first. And if it is
    > actually a "Potentially Unwanted Program", then try
    > adwcleaner. MBAM doesn't do everything.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malwarebytes (use the free one-time-scan
    > version)
    >
    > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
    >
    > Good malware will prevent those from running, in which case
    > there are procedures for killing the malware first, so the
    > tools can load.
    >
    > And tools like Kaspersky (free boot CD, 237MB ISO9660 file),
    > can be used for regular malware. This is a one-time-scan
    > as well, and not a regular, full protection thing. It will
    > at least identify the infection, for regular malware.
    >
    > http://support.kaspersky.com/8092
    >
    > Paul

    Are you referring to MBAM ?

    According to the site, the one-time-scan is free.

    http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyt...4572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

    Md5SUM = 683fdd3d773c58b262dc07cd0c6ce938 *mbam-setup-1.75.0.1300.exe

    There is a Pro version that you can buy.

    Paul
    Paul, Jul 28, 2013
  9. "Stephen" <> wrote in message
    >i cant get rid of the bloody things

    Your machine is virally enhanced. You have managed to download an .EXE that
    repeatedly gets called by your browser. It pops up every 5-ish minutes,
    perhaps faster, and says something to the effect of WE FOUND SOMETHING NASTY
    THAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED -- CLICK HERE, and they want $79.95 on your Visa
    card to clean it.

    If you ever, that's E-V-E-R, see a dialog that offers a free scan to look
    for nastiness in your machine, click NO.
    Jeff Strickland, Jul 28, 2013
  10. "Stephen" <> wrote in message
    >i cant get rid of the bloody things

    You realize that your post is the computer-based equivelent of, "I hate
    winter, what can I do?" Right?
    Jeff Strickland, Jul 28, 2013