Drop Folder with Password protection?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Ralf Krause, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. Ralf Krause

    Ralf Krause Guest

    How do I do it in x64. I dont know how to do in 32 bit either so i guess its
    the same right? Well I disabled simple file sharing. When i try now to set
    the permission i cant change the "From this location". I assume that i have
    to put there the other computer name. So how do I change that account.

    My computer name is

    P4INTEL

    Our Networkname is

    MVP

    Now i want that a different computer, lets call him XP4000 to access a
    folder on P4INTEL but only after a successful password entry.

    Any comments or help is greatly appriciated.

    ralf

    Ralf Krause, Sep 14, 2005

  2. Why don't you share the folder and set access permissions on it to identify
    who can view the contents?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com