    of options, while on another PC the list [on the same website] is much
    longer.

    Regards

    .newman, Feb 10, 2009

  2. .newman

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:13:33 +0000, .newman wrote:

    >Can anyone explain the parameters that control drop down boxes?
    >
    >On one PC I use, when I click on the down arrow I can see a limited list
    >of options, while on another PC the list [on the same website] is much

    Basic option / select

    http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/wilbur/form/option.html

    Code and Example
    default selection is first in list.
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select2

    default option preselected
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select3

    >longer.

    It's okay not to mention the site? Maybe even the version(s) of IE?

    If you view the source and search for a word in the list you may see the
    same size list or something different. If different you would then have
    to try and find out what's missing.

    Have you tried a non IE browser? I can't you didn't mention the site.

    >Regards

    Me

    why?, Feb 10, 2009

  3. .newman

    .newman Guest

    why? wrote:

    > On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:13:33 +0000, .newman wrote:
    >
    > >Can anyone explain the parameters that control drop down boxes?
    > >
    > >On one PC I use, when I click on the down arrow I can see a limited list
    > >of options, while on another PC the list [on the same website] is much

    > Basic option / select
    >
    > http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/wilbur/form/option.html
    >
    > Code and Example
    > default selection is first in list.
    > http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select2
    >
    > default option preselected
    > http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select3
    >
    > >longer.

    > It's okay not to mention the site? Maybe even the version(s) of IE?
    >
    > If you view the source and search for a word in the list you may see the
    > same size list or something different. If different you would then have
    > to try and find out what's missing.
    >
    > Have you tried a non IE browser? I can't you didn't mention the site.
    >
    > >Regards

    > Me

    The site does not allow the source to be viewed.

    Regards

    .newman, Feb 19, 2009
  4. ..newman wrote:

    > The site does not allow the source to be viewed.

    Nine days later, and .newman has not yet mentioned which site is the
    problem site.

    I've never found a web page where the source was not visible.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 19, 2009
  5. .newman

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-02-19, Beauregard T. Shagnasty <> wrote:
    > .newman wrote:
    >
    >> The site does not allow the source to be viewed.

    > Nine days later, and .newman has not yet mentioned which site is the
    > problem site.
    >
    > I've never found a web page where the source was not visible.

    I have; but then the 'content' is also invisible, of course ;))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Feb 19, 2009
  6. Whiskers wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> .newman wrote:
    >>> The site does not allow the source to be viewed.

    >> Nine days later, and .newman has not yet mentioned which site is the
    >> problem site.
    >>
    >> I've never found a web page where the source was not visible.

    > I have; but then the 'content' is also invisible, of course ;))

    Well yeah, there is that... <g>

    ...or a link to a zero-byte file.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 19, 2009
  7. .newman

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:16:29 +0000, .newman wrote:

    >why? wrote:
    >>
    >> On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:13:33 +0000, .newman wrote:
    >>
    >> >Can anyone explain the parameters that control drop down boxes?

    <snip>

    >> Basic option / select
    >>
    >> http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/wilbur/form/option.html

    <snip>

    >> It's okay not to mention the site? Maybe even the version(s) of IE?
    >>
    >> If you view the source and search for a word in the list you may see the
    >> same size list or something different. If different you would then have
    >> to try and find out what's missing.
    >>
    >> Have you tried a non IE browser? I can't you didn't mention the site.
    >>
    >> >Regards

    >> Me

    >The site does not allow the source to be viewed.

    Wot site? It doesn't allow view source how? Some daft JavaScript right
    click View Source doesn't work or something else?

    Me

    why?, Feb 19, 2009
  8. .newman

    .newman Guest

    why? wrote:

    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:16:29 +0000, .newman wrote:
    >
    > >why? wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    > >> Basic option / select
    > >>
    > >> http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/wilbur/form/option.html
    > >>

    > <snip>
    >
    > >> It's okay not to mention the site? Maybe even the version(s) of IE?
    > >>
    > >> If you view the source and search for a word in the list you may see the
    > >> same size list or something different. If different you would then have
    > >> to try and find out what's missing.
    > >>
    > >> Have you tried a non IE browser? I can't you didn't mention the site.

    > >> Me

    > >The site does not allow the source to be viewed.

    > Wot site? It doesn't allow view source how? Some daft JavaScript right
    > click View Source doesn't work or something else?
    >
    > Me

    It is an HTTPS banking site that requires a password to be entered via a
    drop down box.

    Regards

    .newman, Feb 22, 2009
  9. .newman

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:54:01 +0000, .newman wrote:

    >why? wrote:

    >> <snip>

    >> <snip>

    I thought getting answers from managers was difficult!

    <snip>

    >> >The site does not allow the source to be viewed.

    >> Wot site? It doesn't allow view source how? Some daft JavaScript right
    >> click View Source doesn't work or something else?

    So the right disck is disabled by JavaScript?

    >> Me

    >It is an HTTPS banking site that requires a password to be entered via a
    >drop down box.

    That sounds fairly stupid, present the user with a drop down list of
    passwords.

    >Regards

    Me

    why?, Feb 22, 2009