    I have been to Cisco's site and am more confused than before.

    Thanks,

    Scott

    Scott Phillips, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Scott Phillips

    CCIE8122 Guest

    > here is what we are trying to do:
    >
    > Full PTP T1, using Cisco 1721 and VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI on one end and a
    > 2600 with the same card on the other end, first 8 channels for voice
    > (dropping them off to a NEC Phone system), remainder for data.
    >
    > Can someone show me a sample config to do this?
    >
    > I have been to Cisco's site and am more confused than before.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scott

    Router A

    controller t1 0/0
    framing [sf |esf]
    linecode [b8zs | ami]
    clock source int
    tdm-gr 0 time 1-8
    channel-gr 0 time 9-24 sp 64

    controller t1 0/1
    framing [sf |esf]
    linecode [b8zs | ami]
    clock source int
    tdm-gr 0 time 1-8

    connect xconnect t1 0/0 0 t1 0/1 0

    Router B

    controller t1 0/0
    framing [sf |esf]
    linecode [b8zs | ami]
    clock source line
    tdm-gr 0 time 1-8
    channel-gr 0 time 9-24 sp 64

    controller t1 0/1
    framing [sf |esf]
    linecode [b8zs | ami]
    clock source int
    tdm-gr 0 time 1-8

    connect xconnect t1 0/0 0 t1 0/1 0

    1 - Make sure you plug the circuit into slot 0 on both routers, and the
    PBX into slot 1 on both routers.

    2 - You most likely will have to clock the T-1 on one side (as I have
    indicated above). But be aware that all carriers provide clocking if
    you have so requested, and some do occasionally even when you dont, so
    if the circuit does not work, you will want to first try setting
    controller 0 on both sides to clock from the line.

    3 - the last command achieves the DI functionality. It cross-connects
    tdm-group 0 from slot 0 (the private line circuit) to tdm-group 0 on the
    tie line to the PBX. Also, there is nothing magical about group 0. You
    can name them whatever you want, you just have to make sure the xconnect
    command references the appropriate TDM group on slot 0 to the
    appropriate TDM group on slot 1.

    4 - obviously, you will need the framing/coding to match how you
    requested the carrier provision the circuit (slot 0), and how you have
    config'd your PBX (slot 1).

    HTH

    kr

    CCIE8122, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Scott Phillips

    CCIE8122 Guest

    >> here is what we are trying to do:
    >>
    >> Full PTP T1, using Cisco 1721 and VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI on one end and a
    >> 2600 with the same card on the other end, first 8 channels for voice
    >> (dropping them off to a NEC Phone system), remainder for data.
    >>
    >> Can someone show me a sample config to do this?
    >>
    >> I have been to Cisco's site and am more confused than before.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Scott

    > Router A
    >
    > controller t1 0/0
    > framing [sf |esf]
    > linecode [b8zs | ami]
    > clock source int
    > tdm-gr 0 time 1-8
    > channel-gr 0 time 9-24 sp 64
    >
    > controller t1 0/1
    > framing [sf |esf]
    > linecode [b8zs | ami]
    > clock source int
    > tdm-gr 0 time 1-8
    >
    > connect xconnect t1 0/0 0 t1 0/1 0
    >

    > Router B
    >
    > controller t1 0/0
    > framing [sf |esf]
    > linecode [b8zs | ami]
    > clock source line
    > tdm-gr 0 time 1-8
    > channel-gr 0 time 9-24 sp 64
    >
    > controller t1 0/1
    > framing [sf |esf]
    > linecode [b8zs | ami]
    > clock source int
    > tdm-gr 0 time 1-8
    >
    > connect xconnect t1 0/0 0 t1 0/1 0
    >

    > 1 - Make sure you plug the circuit into slot 0 on both routers, and the
    > PBX into slot 1 on both routers.
    >
    > 2 - You most likely will have to clock the T-1 on one side (as I have
    > indicated above). But be aware that all carriers provide clocking if
    > you have so requested, and some do occasionally even when you dont, so
    > if the circuit does not work, you will want to first try setting
    > controller 0 on both sides to clock from the line.
    >
    > 3 - the last command achieves the DI functionality. It cross-connects
    > tdm-group 0 from slot 0 (the private line circuit) to tdm-group 0 on the
    > tie line to the PBX. Also, there is nothing magical about group 0. You
    > can name them whatever you want, you just have to make sure the xconnect
    > command references the appropriate TDM group on slot 0 to the
    > appropriate TDM group on slot 1.
    >
    > 4 - obviously, you will need the framing/coding to match how you
    > requested the carrier provision the circuit (slot 0), and how you have
    > config'd your PBX (slot 1).
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > kr

    Also, you may have to configure signalling for to match your PBX. See

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...erence_chapter09186a0080080cf6.html#wp1289882

    kr

    CCIE8122, Jul 30, 2004
  4. CCIE8122 <> wrote in message news:<cecb6i$7qb$>...
    > >> here is what we are trying to do:
    > >>
    > >> Full PTP T1, using Cisco 1721 and VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI on one end and a
    > >> 2600 with the same card on the other end, first 8 channels for voice
    > >> (dropping them off to a NEC Phone system), remainder for data.
    > >>
    > >> Can someone show me a sample config to do this?
    > >>
    > >> I have been to Cisco's site and am more confused than before.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> Scott

    > > Router A
    > >
    > > controller t1 0/0
    > > framing [sf |esf]
    > > linecode [b8zs | ami]
    > > clock source int
    > > tdm-gr 0 time 1-8
    > > channel-gr 0 time 9-24 sp 64
    > >
    > > controller t1 0/1
    > > framing [sf |esf]
    > > linecode [b8zs | ami]
    > > clock source int
    > > tdm-gr 0 time 1-8
    > >
    > > connect xconnect t1 0/0 0 t1 0/1 0
    > >

    > > Router B
    > >
    > > controller t1 0/0
    > > framing [sf |esf]
    > > linecode [b8zs | ami]
    > > clock source line
    > > tdm-gr 0 time 1-8
    > > channel-gr 0 time 9-24 sp 64
    > >
    > > controller t1 0/1
    > > framing [sf |esf]
    > > linecode [b8zs | ami]
    > > clock source int
    > > tdm-gr 0 time 1-8
    > >
    > > connect xconnect t1 0/0 0 t1 0/1 0
    > >

    > > 1 - Make sure you plug the circuit into slot 0 on both routers, and the
    > > PBX into slot 1 on both routers.
    > >
    > > 2 - You most likely will have to clock the T-1 on one side (as I have
    > > indicated above). But be aware that all carriers provide clocking if
    > > you have so requested, and some do occasionally even when you dont, so
    > > if the circuit does not work, you will want to first try setting
    > > controller 0 on both sides to clock from the line.
    > >
    > > 3 - the last command achieves the DI functionality. It cross-connects
    > > tdm-group 0 from slot 0 (the private line circuit) to tdm-group 0 on the
    > > tie line to the PBX. Also, there is nothing magical about group 0. You
    > > can name them whatever you want, you just have to make sure the xconnect
    > > command references the appropriate TDM group on slot 0 to the
    > > appropriate TDM group on slot 1.
    > >
    > > 4 - obviously, you will need the framing/coding to match how you
    > > requested the carrier provision the circuit (slot 0), and how you have
    > > config'd your PBX (slot 1).
    > >
    > > HTH
    > >
    > > kr
    > >

    > Also, you may have to configure signalling for to match your PBX. See
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...erence_chapter09186a0080080cf6.html#wp1289882
    >
    > kr

    Thanks for your posts, It is up and working.

    I managed to find the config to cross connect the controllers and
    Cisco's website, but thanks a bunch for your help as well.

    Scott

    Scott Phillips, Aug 16, 2004