DROOLING OVER THE 20D !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Gary Eickmeier, Oct 20, 2004

  3. "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote:

    > The lava flow was nice.

    ??? You mean the cow is standing in flowing lava ???

    I guess he should have titled it ROAST BEEF.

    > Annika1980 wrote:
    > > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35283379

    Good waterfall shot there: 1/6 second was a good call for the shutter speed.
    Did you use a tripod, or are you phenomenally steady of hand???

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "David J. Littleboy"

    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35283567
    >
    >Good waterfall shot there: 1/6 second was a good call for the shutter speed.
    >Did you use a tripod, or are you phenomenally steady of hand???

    No tripod, just a quick grab shot from the road. That's why we have IS on the
    28-135 IS.

    -Annika ----> "Steady Freddie"

    Annika1980, Oct 20, 2004
  5. "Annika1980" <> wrote:
    > >From: "David J. Littleboy"

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35283567
    > >
    > >Good waterfall shot there: 1/6 second was a good call for the shutter

    speed.
    > >Did you use a tripod, or are you phenomenally steady of hand???

    > No tripod, just a quick grab shot from the road. That's why we have IS on

    the
    > 28-135 IS.

    Aha! You've just answered a long-standing question of mine: is IS useful at
    short focal lengths.

    How sharp is that image at 100%?

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Oct 21, 2004
  6. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "David J. Littleboy"

    >Aha! You've just answered a long-standing question of mine: is IS useful at
    >short focal lengths.
    >
    >How sharp is that image at 100%?

    Not very.

    Annika1980, Oct 21, 2004
  7. David J. Littleboy wrote:

    > "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    >>28-135 IS.

    > Aha! You've just answered a long-standing question of mine: is IS useful at
    > short focal lengths.

    Depends on what the meaning of IS is.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Oct 21, 2004
  8. "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote:
    > David J. Littleboy wrote:
    >
    > > "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    > >>28-135 IS.

    > > Aha! You've just answered a long-standing question of mine: is IS useful

    at
    > > short focal lengths.

    > Depends on what the meaning of IS is.

    We thought that was bad. Now we've got not having WMD proves that we had to
    invade because they were thinking about them.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Oct 21, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "David J. Littleboy"

    >We thought that was bad. Now we've got not having WMD proves that we had to
    >invade because they were thinking about them.

    No, they had the "capability" of thinking about them. Hell, I own a computer
    with Internet access. Don't tell Bush cause he might invade my house for
    having the knowledge to build a nuclear device.

    Annika1980, Oct 21, 2004
  10. Annika1980 wrote:

    > No, they had the "capability" of thinking about them. Hell, I own a computer
    > with Internet access. Don't tell Bush cause he might invade my house for
    > having the knowledge to build a nuclear device.

    Listen, guys, there was this really big area north of Saudi Arabia and
    west of Iran, and it was nasty, and it had this dictator who was
    committing genocide, and it was deteriorating fast, and they really
    hated us, and...

    .... and now it will become the second democracy in the region.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Oct 22, 2004
  11. Annika1980

    Guest

    In message <TGYdd.28556$>,
    Gary Eickmeier <> wrote:

    >Listen, guys, there was this really big area north of Saudi Arabia and
    >west of Iran, and it was nasty, and it had this dictator who was
    >committing genocide, and it was deteriorating fast, and they really
    >hated us, and...
    >
    >... and now it will become the second democracy in the region.

    When is democracy coming to the US?

    The US won't have democracy until people are allowed to vote first
    choice, second choice, etc. A country in which people are afraid to
    vote for their favorite candidate because that candidate is not a member
    of one of the two big parties is not a democracy, IMO.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Oct 22, 2004
  12. Annika1980

    Jer Guest

    wrote:

    > In message <TGYdd.28556$>,
    > Gary Eickmeier <> wrote:
    >

    >>Listen, guys, there was this really big area north of Saudi Arabia and
    >>west of Iran, and it was nasty, and it had this dictator who was
    >>committing genocide, and it was deteriorating fast, and they really
    >>hated us, and...
    >>
    >>... and now it will become the second democracy in the region.

    > When is democracy coming to the US?
    >
    > The US won't have democracy until people are allowed to vote first
    > choice, second choice, etc. A country in which people are afraid to
    > vote for their favorite candidate because that candidate is not a member
    > of one of the two big parties is not a democracy, IMO.

    How bout none of the above?

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Oct 22, 2004
  13. Annika1980

    S. Guest

    "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message

    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >
    >> No, they had the "capability" of thinking about them. Hell, I own a
    >> computer
    >> with Internet access. Don't tell Bush cause he might invade my house for
    >> having the knowledge to build a nuclear device.

    > Listen, guys, there was this really big area north of Saudi Arabia and
    > west of Iran, and it was nasty, and it had this dictator who was
    > committing genocide, and it was deteriorating fast, and they really hated
    > us, and...
    >
    > ... and now it will become the second democracy in the region.
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier

    Sadly Israel will always remain the only democracy in the Middle East.
    Centuries of conditioning have made the Arabs incapable of understanding the
    concept.

    S.

    S., Oct 22, 2004
  14. Annika1980

    Big Bill Guest

    > wrote:
    >
    >> In message <TGYdd.28556$>,
    >> Gary Eickmeier <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Listen, guys, there was this really big area north of Saudi Arabia and
    >>>west of Iran, and it was nasty, and it had this dictator who was
    >>>committing genocide, and it was deteriorating fast, and they really
    >>>hated us, and...
    >>>
    >>>... and now it will become the second democracy in the region.

    >> When is democracy coming to the US?
    >>
    >> The US won't have democracy until people are allowed to vote first
    >> choice, second choice, etc. A country in which people are afraid to
    >> vote for their favorite candidate because that candidate is not a member
    >> of one of the two big parties is not a democracy, IMO.

    I must not be understanding what youre saying here.
    Are you actually afraid to vote for Nader? What do you think will
    happen to you personally as a direct consequence of voting for him? Is
    someone going to visit your home and beat you up? Will you be fined?
    Imprisoned?

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Oct 25, 2004