    can you work out what sound and video drivers you need by knowing what your
    Mother board is..

    Cheers Peter..

    Peter, Mar 1, 2006

  2. T'was the Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:40:14 +1300 when I remembered "Peter"
    <> saying something like this:

    >can you work out what sound and video drivers you need by knowing what your
    >Mother board is..

    If your sound and video is on board the motherboard, yes.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Mar 1, 2006

  3. Peter

    Brendan Guest

    On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:40:14 +1300, Peter wrote:

    > Hi
    >

    > can you work out what sound and video drivers you need by knowing what your
    > Mother board is..
    >

    > Cheers Peter..
    >

    > *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
    > *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***

    no

    --

    .... Brendan

    I went to the butchers the other day and I bet him 50 quid
    that he couldn't reach the meat off the top shelf.
    He said, "No, the steaks are too high."

    Note: All my comments are copyright 2/03/2006 11:55:27 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Mar 1, 2006
  4. Peter

    SchoolTech Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > Hi
    >

    > can you work out what sound and video drivers you need by knowing what your
    > Mother board is..

    If you know the make and model then you can look it up on the
    manufacturer's website.

    Other than that looking at what chips are on the board may tell you
    something. Often the sound chip will be separate. THe video chip may be
    part of the southbridge, but if you know what chipset it is you may be
    able to find out what kind of video comes in it, or get a complete
    driver set from the manufacturer.

    SchoolTech, Mar 2, 2006
  5. Peter

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    >

    > can you work out what sound and video drivers you need by knowing what
    > your Mother board is..
    >

    > Cheers Peter..
    >

    > *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
    > *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
    > http://www.SecureIX.com ***

    Knoppix CD's have pretty good hardware detection...
    You can then see what it is using.

    Like another said, onboard devices have drivers at the motherboard
    manufacturer's web site.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Mar 2, 2006