    I have contacted d-link, they have referred Me to Microsoft

    What is removedev.exe
    Has anyone had any experience with this ??
    Doc, Sep 25, 2005

  2. Doc

    Kevin Guest

    A Google search for the term "removedev.exe" only returns two hits. A
    search for "removedev" or "remove dev" is more helpful. Something to do
    with, amazingly enough, removing devices. Some of the hits are simply web
    pages with a bunch of java and other code that have "removedev" or "Remove
    Dev" in one of the lines. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

    Kevin, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Doc

    atec Guest

    Doc wrote:
    > Hello: I purchased a d-link wireless adapter. Went to install the drivers
    > and I can't. The screen comes up for the installshield, and when I get to
    > the screen that asks Me where I want to install the program, I click next
    > and installshield stops. I go to task manager and it says that installshield
    > is running but I have to end task to get out of it. If I try to install
    > again, I get an error code that says, cannot install "removedev.exe"
    > "access denied"
    >
    > I have contacted d-link, they have referred Me to Microsoft
    >
    > What is removedev.exe
    > Has anyone had any experience with this ??

    remove the hardware , reboot and install software / reboot and add
    hardware . it should work , I think the manual might suggest this as
    well , you have read the manual ?
    now just to be sure add oi/s and model of hardware you are adding .
    atec, Sep 25, 2005
  4. Doc

    JnJ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hello: I purchased a d-link wireless adapter. Went to install the drivers
    > and I can't. The screen comes up for the installshield, and when I get to
    > the screen that asks Me where I want to install the program, I click next
    > and installshield stops. I go to task manager and it says that installshield
    > is running but I have to end task to get out of it. If I try to install
    > again, I get an error code that says, cannot install "removedev.exe"
    > "access denied"
    >
    > I have contacted d-link, they have referred Me to Microsoft
    >
    > What is removedev.exe
    > Has anyone had any experience with this ??

    I had exactly this problem. D-Link tech referred me to a MS page of help
    for Install Shield. None of this helped. Back to D-Link who could offer
    no further assistance.

    So, insert the D-Link CD, plug the device into a USB port, when asked
    for the driver either browse to the driver folder on your D-Link CD or
    just let the installation search until it finds the driver. Turn on the
    Windows Zero Configuration Service (if it is not already running) and
    let the OS set up the device. Works fine.

    Zero Config service is found through Control Panel, Administrative
    Tools, Services.

    --
    Jim
    JnJ, Sep 25, 2005