    A Petro Guest

    Does Driver Genius works. It is supposed to update all of the drivers in
    your computer
    A Petro, Aug 31, 2011

  2. A Petro snuck on to your hard drive to scribble:

    > Does Driver Genius works. It is supposed to update all of the drivers in your
    > computer

    Personally, I am leery of all driver update programs just as I am
    windows tuneup programs or security software. If the program runs
    online, then I DEFINITELY don't trust it.

    Besides, you have the means to update whatever drivers you need via
    Control Panel and Control Panel-System-Hardware-Device Manager.

    I do recommend regularly scheduled backups of your device drivers. I
    personally use Double Driver for this while Driver Backup! 2.0 seems
    pretty popular, too. Both are freeware.

    When it comes to drivers, you might want to keep to the old adage, "if
    it ain't broke, don't fix it."

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim

    "Facts are the enemy of truth."
    - Don Quixote - "Man of La Mancha"
    James D Andrews, Aug 31, 2011

  3. A Petro

    Kele Guest

    I use it on XP and Win7. It seems to scan the computer and seek out
    appropriate drivers. Except for one offered driver on the XP*, it appears
    accurate and also finds more current drivers than Dell's site. You can see
    which drivers it has found before installing, so you can pick and ignore
    from future scans. I have same concerns as other posts here; so I was
    apprehensive and watchful. After complete, my first thought was Wow, that
    would have taken hours to find manually - about a dozen newer drivers
    initially.

    You can get all these yourself free on-line. Yes it would be a pain, but
    free. On my old XP machine and peripherals, drivers are no longer being
    updated so after the first scan/install there haven't been any more. It was
    a one use deal on old machines; I deleted the program off the old machine
    once it found/installed all there is. On the newish laptop, however,
    subsequent scans (six month intervals?) still finds updated drivers. The
    free trial will scan and show you the drivers "in need" of update, but won't
    install with trial version. You can, however, use that info to seek out the
    drivers on your own - free.

    The inaccurate find on the XP resulted in an install that failed "no
    associated hardware". Stopped the install, no other issues. No apparent
    conflicts.

    Kele, Aug 31, 2011