    THE CHALLANGE IS THERE FOR THE TAKING SHOW OFF THE BIG COMPANIES MAKE MY
    PRINTER WORK.

    THANKS

    =?Utf-8?B?U0VBTg==?=, Nov 14, 2005

  2. Microsoft does not write the driver for your printer they provide the
    framework for Lexmark to do so. You said you are running the "bata" of 64
    bit, its time you upgrade to the RTM Version. Check on
    http://www.planetamd64.com to see if they have any beta drivers or work
    arounds that might be available for your printer. Also check out the
    following post on Charlie Russels website about printers and Windows x64:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/18/54021.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 14, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U0VBTg==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "SEAN" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all
    > well once again here we go just tring to find a driver is like pulling
    > teath. i have had it with companys that pass the buck off to microsoft. i
    > Own
    > a lexmark 810 printer nothing to write home about but it prints or should
    > say it printed. I upgraded to bata 64 bit edition, dont get me wrong i see
    > big improvment with 64 bit i dont want to re format again DAM. but called
    > lexmark about problem they passed the buck back to microsoft telling me to
    > call them ???? ok what i did not know microsoft was in the printer
    > business
    > microsoft writes the code for xp ext ext ext not darn printer drivers. IF
    > YOU
    > ASK ME I THINK THIS A CRAP. can anyone out there who knows code make a 64
    > bit
    > drive. or is the chalange to hard for you all to figure this out. Why is
    > it
    > we can make smart wepons and put people in orbit around earth but we cant
    > make a driver to work on a 64 bit opp system.
    >
    > THE CHALLANGE IS THERE FOR THE TAKING SHOW OFF THE BIG COMPANIES MAKE MY
    > PRINTER WORK.
    >
    > THANKS

    Lets see...*YOU* upgraded your operating system without first checking to
    see if there are drivers for all of your hardware...and now it is
    Microsoft's fault?
    Lexmark is solely responsible for supporting their products.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 15, 2005
  4. "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in

    > Lets see...*YOU* upgraded your operating system without first
    > checking to see if there are drivers for all of your
    > hardware...and now it is Microsoft's fault?

    No, it's you and Andre's fault for responding w/o reading SEAN's post,
    he's not blaming Microsoft, he's blaming Lexmark.

    David R. Norton MVP, Nov 15, 2005