    with XP64? Our 3Com adapters don't and 3Com says no time soon for any of
    their wireless products. Same with Netgear, Belkin, and HP per calls to
    presale tech sup this morning.
    =?Utf-8?B?V2FycmVuIFo=?=, Jun 2, 2005

  2. I don't know about the chipset on the 3Com but the Linksys Wireless-G works
    fine with the Ralink 64 bit drivers who make the chipsets for many cards.

    http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

    3rd section down, 11g-RT2500

    Worth giving them a try.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Jun 2, 2005

  3. From Chris:
    The Belkin F5D7001 802.11g wireless network card is working fine in my
    system. The card was recognized by X64 and shows up in device manager
    as a Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter. If I recall, I picked the card up
    at my local CompUSA.

    also From BK:
    It seems Realtek has finally released wireless drivers:

    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...id=2002111&famid=All&series=All&Software=True

    Download links:

    ftp://210.51.181.211/cn/wlan/rtl8180l/64-8180(174)(0523).zip

    ftp://202.65.194.18/cn/wlan/rtl8180l/64-8180(174)(0523).zip

    ftp://152.104.238.194/cn/wlan/rtl8180l/64-8180(174)(0523).zip
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005
  4. As AMD and Microsoft thought since December 2002 that x64 is a small niche
    market, no serious effort was made to update amd.com or microsoft.com
    dedicated pages with up-to-date information, hence the numerous postings.
    Bastian Noffer started http://www.computerdolt.com/xpamd64 a while back,
    allowing to cultivate various pages in Wiki form, but the site was apparently
    abandoned, even though I started populating pages with lists native drivers,
    portions of which I saw later on extended64.com

    I posted earlier on this ng a list of the Ralink 2500 supported cards,
    including PCMCIA. You have to be very careful when buying, as a vendor might
    change chipsets every now and then, so for instance if you pick Belkin at
    your local Staples, ensure that the PCMCIA card or the PCI card has a
    "version 3001" sticker under the box.
    Another example is Linksys , that for instance uses the Ralink 2500 chipset
    in version 4 of the WMP54G , but this is not publicized at all, and even
    though the ralinktech.com x64 driver works with the card, the Linksys
    config/scanning utility disregards it, so you have to use the built-in XP64
    detection, which is not as convenient. On the other hand, version 2 of WMP54G
    featured apparently a Broadcom chipset, which was supported by CPP 1218, at
    reduced speed (probably due to the usual debug code in prelim. drivers), and
    then RTM did not include any driver (!). It seems I read also on this NG that
    the WMP54GS (speedbooster) works with the BCM43xx Broadcom driver included in
    RTM, which indicates that the Broadcam chipset is not the same as the one in
    the WMP54G v2.
    I personally prefer to use MS native drivers for debug purpose, but Ralink
    made it much easier for customers.

    Hopefully someone can make a site that x64 users can populate with
    information about the level of support under the four RTM x64 OS (Pro, Std,
    EE, DC), and maybe CPP coverage in case one needs rollback.
    An interesting example is the RAGE XL video drivers, present in EE RTM, but
    not in Pro RTM....

    Good luck,

    Christopher
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jun 3, 2005
  5. Good information Chris.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  6. Now here's a useful thing you could do, Andre, with your new affiliation with
    Extended64 -- set up a forum/file there that has the latest Wireless
    information that we could point folks to. That would be a useful service,
    since I'm not seeing it anywhere else.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 3, 2005
  7. "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    > Now here's a useful thing you could do, Andre, with your new affiliation with
    > Extended64 -- set up a forum/file there that has the latest Wireless
    > information that we could point folks to. That would be a useful service,
    > since I'm not seeing it anywhere else.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.

    My take on this is that it would rather be a shared repository, so that many
    users could cultivate in in real time, using a simple front-end. That's
    probably why NG became targets (it's a 2-way street for drivers support).
    It might be tedious for André to code tens of thousands of lines (just
    about 3200 for native printers), even with the mention of which of the 4 RTM
    x64 OS supports it, and then the mention of which CPP might have had the
    driver....
    Also one should hope that x64 opposers will not try to take the site down.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jun 3, 2005
  8. I wasn't asking for printers, just wireless. But I get the point. OTOH, using
    pure end-user reported data has its own problems -- look at some of the
    reports here that turn out to be some other problem.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 3, 2005
  9. Ok Charlie, will do.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  10. Cool. Thanks!

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 4, 2005

    I'm slowly populating a skeleton on www.hcl.ms
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jun 5, 2005
  12. Chris <> wrote:
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    >> Cool. Thanks!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >>
    >> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    >>> Ok Charlie, will do.
    >>>

    > I'm slowly populating a skeleton on www.hcl.ms

    Very slowly indeed ;) but great idea, thanks

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 5, 2005
  13. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2005
  14. The answer is simple. Don't use Windows XP x64. Not enough support for it.

    I work for an IT distribution company, and let me tell you, XP x64 is always
    a problem. Most manufacturers didn't bother creating drivers for it, and
    also wont. (Such as 3COM, Planet, Linksys etc).

    Fred

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZCBNYWtraW5r?=, May 16, 2007
  15. =?Utf-8?B?V2FycmVuIFo=?=

    Theo Guest

    There are several wireless cards that have drivers in the OS
    and do not require separate drivers from the vendor. I have
    a Belkin Wireless G PCI card model F5D7001 working in Win XP
    x64, and other cards have been mentioned in this group.

    Theo, May 16, 2007
  16. =?Utf-8?B?V2FycmVuIFo=?=

    tusjpenn Guest

    Theo, how do you make that work? I have the same model wireless card as
    you (although it's called G+) and I can't make it work in XP X64 Pro.
    You say it is automatically detected by the OS, but I only get 'new
    hardware' detected under network controllers and no automatic or manual
    install of drivers (including all the ones I've found at the Belkin
    website or driverguide dot com) has worked.

    Theo;2853354 Wrote:
    > There are several wireless cards that have drivers in the OS
    > and do not require separate drivers from the vendor. I have
    > a Belkin Wireless G PCI card model F5D7001 working in Win XP
    > x64, and other cards have been mentioned in this group.

    [/color][/color]

    --
    tusjpenn
    tusjpenn's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=40444

    http://forums.techarena.in
    tusjpenn, Jan 27, 2008
  17. =?Utf-8?B?V2FycmVuIFo=?=

    Theo Guest

    I didn't do anything. I just plugged the card in, booted up
    the system and Windows did the rest.

    tusjpenn wrote:
    > Theo, how do you make that work? I have the same model wireless card as
    > you (although it's called G+) and I can't make it work in XP X64 Pro.
    > You say it is automatically detected by the OS, but I only get 'new
    > hardware' detected under network controllers and no automatic or manual
    > install of drivers (including all the ones I've found at the Belkin
    > website or driverguide dot com) has worked.
    >
    > Theo;2853354 Wrote:
    >> There are several wireless cards that have drivers in the OS
    >> and do not require separate drivers from the vendor. I have
    >> a Belkin Wireless G PCI card model F5D7001 working in Win XP
    >> x64, and other cards have been mentioned in this group.

    [/color]

    Theo, Jan 27, 2008