  1. Has anybody run across drivers that work with Leadtek Winfast expert 2000 card?

    I don't understand why Novell can supply generic TV card drivers with their
    64 bit OS but Microsoft can't!
    =?Utf-8?B?TWF5bWFu?=, Jul 30, 2005

  2. Microsoft doesn't write drivers. It is the responsibility of the vendor to
    write drivers to support their hardware.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 30, 2005

  3. I too have a Leadtek Expert 2000 TV/FM card that I use for capturing movies,
    etc. Of course, I still have to dual boot with XP32 to use it since ledtek
    can't be bothered to get off their asses and write some drivers for X64. I
    will be buying whatever card that comes out frst that has X64 drivers, and I
    hope it is not Leadtek...they won't even reply to a decent e-mail...I am
    almost ready to write them off at this point.

    -Keith Schaefer

    keith schaefer, Jul 31, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWF5bWFu?=

    PL Guest

    The difference between windows (or any commercial system) and Linux
    is that in Linux you got lots of crap like "generic" beta and alpha drivers
    for lots of things.

    I would rather the company that crates the hardware writes the drivers.

    Also, there is an app called KTV for which works with _some_ tv cards,
    you'll need to google for the x64 version, it's not on their page.

    PL.

    PL, Aug 1, 2005