    The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
    mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP, but
    I can't install it. Can anyone help please?

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009

  2. mianileng

    John Holmes Guest

    mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
    > Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to notebooks
    > (compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and formatted
    > his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me. He
    > installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.
    >
    > All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and Quick
    > Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
    > since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
    > file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
    > period.
    >
    > The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
    > mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP, but
    > I can't install it. Can anyone help please?

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228
    &lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3195658

    About 20 seconds to find that page, you lazy ****.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 18, 2009

  3. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    > mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
    >> Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to
    >> notebooks
    >> (compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and
    >> formatted
    >> his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me.
    >> He
    >> installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.
    >>
    >> All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and
    >> Quick
    >> Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
    >> since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
    >> file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
    >> period.
    >>
    >> The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
    >> mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP,
    >> but
    >> I can't install it. Can anyone help please?
    >>

    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228
    > &lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3195658
    >
    > About 20 seconds to find that page, you lazy ****.

    Did you actually look at that page? I found that page long before
    I posted here and it contains only drivers for Quick Launch
    Buttons, Wireless Assistant and Storage Manager. I already
    mentioned that at the beginning of the second para in my OP. If
    you reread my post, you'll see that I'm looking for other
    drivers, especially the sound driver.

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009
  4. mianileng

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Time And Date In History, mianileng Stumbled Over To
    The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
    > Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to notebooks
    > (compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and formatted
    > his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me. He
    > installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.
    >
    > All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and Quick
    > Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
    > since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
    > file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
    > period.
    >
    > The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
    > mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP, but
    > I can't install it. Can anyone help please?

    HP has an update tool that will keep it all up to date.
    Here is the ballpark link: > http://xrl.in/1f71

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Jan 18, 2009
  5. mianileng

    John Holmes Guest

    mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
    >>> Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to
    >>> notebooks
    >>> (compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and
    >>> formatted
    >>> his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me.
    >>> He
    >>> installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.
    >>>
    >>> All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and
    >>> Quick
    >>> Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
    >>> since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
    >>> file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
    >>> period.
    >>>
    >>> The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
    >>> mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP,
    >>> but
    >>> I can't install it. Can anyone help please?
    >>>

    >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228
    >> &lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3195658
    >>
    >> About 20 seconds to find that page, you lazy ****.

    > Did you actually look at that page? I found that page long before
    > I posted here and it contains only drivers for Quick Launch
    > Buttons, Wireless Assistant and Storage Manager. I already
    > mentioned that at the beginning of the second para in my OP. If
    > you reread my post, you'll see that I'm looking for other
    > drivers, especially the sound driver.

    Yes, I actually looked at that page, and it seems all drivers are there,
    and the sound driver is the first! Did you consider the line wrap of the
    long URL? You obviously didn't, so click this link:

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/7hcprg

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 18, 2009
  6. mianileng

    John Holmes Guest

    Old Gringo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Or About This Time And Date In History, mianileng Stumbled Over To
    > The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    >> A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
    >> Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to notebooks
    >> (compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and formatted
    >> his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me. He
    >> installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.
    >>
    >> All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and Quick
    >> Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
    >> since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
    >> file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
    >> period.
    >>
    >> The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
    >> mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP, but
    >> I can't install it. Can anyone help please?
    >>

    > HP has an update tool that will keep it all up to date.
    > Here is the ballpark link: > http://xrl.in/1f71

    I just clicked that link vor verification, but all it comes up with is a
    HP search page. Maybe you're just getting too old to supply technical
    support, Old Gringo.

    <eg>

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 18, 2009
  7. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    > mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> John Holmes wrote:
    >>> mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228
    >>> &lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3195658
    >>>
    >>> About 20 seconds to find that page, you lazy ****.

    >> Did you actually look at that page? I found that page long
    >> before
    >> I posted here and it contains only drivers for Quick Launch
    >> Buttons, Wireless Assistant and Storage Manager. I already
    >> mentioned that at the beginning of the second para in my OP.
    >> If
    >> you reread my post, you'll see that I'm looking for other
    >> drivers, especially the sound driver.
    >>

    > Yes, I actually looked at that page, and it seems all drivers
    > are
    > there, and the sound driver is the first! Did you consider the
    > line
    > wrap of the long URL? You obviously didn't, so click this link:
    >
    > http://preview.tinyurl.com/7hcprg

    I did consider the line wrap. Your page is for the DV2005TX, not
    the DV3005TX. The 3005TX page has only the drivers I mentioned
    earlier.

    Anyway, I'll d/l the 2005TX driver and see if it works as I can't
    find anything else. I don't know if they even use the same
    chipset. The HP site is very sketchy about that.

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009
  8. mianileng

    M.L. Guest

    M.L., Jan 18, 2009
  9. mianileng

    walter Guest

    mianileng wrote:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Did you actually look at that page? I found that page long
    >>> before
    >>> I posted here and it contains only drivers for Quick Launch
    >>> Buttons, Wireless Assistant and Storage Manager. I already
    >>> mentioned that at the beginning of the second para in my OP.
    >>> If
    >>> you reread my post, you'll see that I'm looking for other
    >>> drivers, especially the sound driver.
    >>>

    >> Yes, I actually looked at that page, and it seems all drivers
    >> are
    >> there, and the sound driver is the first! Did you consider the
    >> line
    >> wrap of the long URL? You obviously didn't, so click this link:
    >>
    >> http://preview.tinyurl.com/7hcprg

    > I did consider the line wrap. Your page is for the DV2005TX, not
    > the DV3005TX. The 3005TX page has only the drivers I mentioned
    > earlier.

    On the right-hand side of the drivers and downloads page for YOUR model#
    [3005TX notebook] at support.hp.com I found this:

    Alerts for this product!
    " Are you on the correct product support page? Locate your exact model
    number here"

    Which leads here:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=3678877
    "Attention: The number appearing on the front of your notebook may be
    incorrect for obtaining product support. This document will assist you in
    locating your exact model number to improve your support experiece."

    walter, Jan 18, 2009
  10. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > On Or About This Time And Date In History, John Holmes Stumbled
    > Over
    > To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    >> Old Gringo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> On Or About This Time And Date In History, mianileng Stumbled
    >>> Over
    >>> To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::

    >>> HP has an update tool that will keep it all up to date.
    >>> Here is the ballpark link: > http://xrl.in/1f71
    >>>

    >> I just clicked that link vor verification, but all it comes up
    >> with
    >> is a HP search page. Maybe you're just getting too old to
    >> supply
    >> technical support, Old Gringo.
    >>
    >> <eg>
    >>

    > LOL That was the ballpark page, put the model # in the search
    > engine
    > and away you go, HP has made it very easy for all users.

    I've tried various methods, including yours, of searching for the
    drivers I want but they all lead to the page I mentioned before.
    It does not have any of the essential drivers I need.

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009
  11. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    walter wrote:
    > mianileng wrote:
    >
    >> John Holmes wrote:
    >>> mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Yes, I actually looked at that page, and it seems all drivers
    >>> are
    >>> there, and the sound driver is the first! Did you consider
    >>> the
    >>> line
    >>> wrap of the long URL? You obviously didn't, so click this
    >>> link:
    >>>
    >>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/7hcprg

    >> I did consider the line wrap. Your page is for the DV2005TX,
    >> not
    >> the DV3005TX. The 3005TX page has only the drivers I mentioned
    >> earlier.

    > On the right-hand side of the drivers and downloads page for
    > YOUR
    > model# [3005TX notebook] at support.hp.com I found this:
    >
    > Alerts for this product!
    > " Are you on the correct product support page? Locate your
    > exact
    > model number here"
    >
    > Which leads here:
    >

    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=3678877
    > "Attention: The number appearing on the front of your notebook
    > may be
    > incorrect for obtaining product support. This document will
    > assist
    > you in locating your exact model number to improve your support
    > experiece."

    I've already gone through that. The model number above the LCD
    screen is DV3000 whereas the exact model in the series is
    DV3005TX. The link you gave is for the page I mentioned before.
    It's the correct page for the model but it does not have the
    drivers I need.

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009
  12. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009
  13. mianileng

    walter Guest

    mianileng wrote:

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> On Or About This Time And Date In History, John Holmes Stumbled
    >> Over
    >> To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    >>> Old Gringo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> I just clicked that link vor verification, but all it comes up
    >>> with
    >>> is a HP search page. Maybe you're just getting too old to
    >>> supply
    >>> technical support, Old Gringo.
    >>>
    >>> <eg>
    >>>

    >> LOL That was the ballpark page, put the model # in the search
    >> engine
    >> and away you go, HP has made it very easy for all users.

    > I've tried various methods, including yours, of searching for the
    > drivers I want but they all lead to the page I mentioned before.
    > It does not have any of the essential drivers I need.

    Tried mine yet?

    walter, Jan 18, 2009
  14. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    walter wrote:
    > mianileng wrote:
    >
    >> Old Gringo wrote:
    >>> On Or About This Time And Date In History, John Holmes
    >>> Stumbled
    >>> Over
    >>> To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::

    >>> LOL That was the ballpark page, put the model # in the
    >>> search
    >>> engine
    >>> and away you go, HP has made it very easy for all users.

    >> I've tried various methods, including yours, of searching for
    >> the
    >> drivers I want but they all lead to the page I mentioned
    >> before.
    >> It does not have any of the essential drivers I need.

    > Tried mine yet?

    Yep. No good. I guess you posted before my reply showed up.

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009
  15. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > On Or About This Time And Date In History, mianileng Stumbled
    > Over To
    > The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    >> Old Gringo wrote:
    >>> On Or About This Time And Date In History, John Holmes
    >>> Stumbled
    >>> Over
    >>> To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::

    >>> LOL That was the ballpark page, put the model # in the
    >>> search
    >>> engine
    >>> and away you go, HP has made it very easy for all users.

    >> I've tried various methods, including yours, of searching for
    >> the
    >> drivers I want but they all lead to the page I mentioned
    >> before.
    >> It does not have any of the essential drivers I need.
    >>

    > Call HP support, they are excellent.

    It may come to that. Thanks for your interest.

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009
  16. mianileng

    Clogwog Guest

    "mianileng" <> schreef in bericht
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> On Or About This Time And Date In History, mianileng Stumbled Over To
    >> The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::

    >>> I've tried various methods, including yours, of searching for the
    >>> drivers I want but they all lead to the page I mentioned before.
    >>> It does not have any of the essential drivers I need.
    >>>

    >> Call HP support, they are excellent.

    > It may come to that. Thanks for your interest.

    Try this:
    If you have the sp39330.exe, (1/1 , 18.89M) file for vista, it's possible to
    extract the contents of the .exe with *winrar* NOT with winzip.
    Extract the files to a temporary folder.
    You should be able to run the setup.exe from there.
    If not, try the hardware device driver wizard from device manager and
    navigate to the .ini files.
    WDM drivers for XP are stored in a WDM subfolder.
    HTH & HAND
    --
    Clogwog, resident yap-yap dog of alt.os.windows-xp & alt.os.windows-vista
    http://tinyurl.com/8yajph

    Clogwog, Jan 18, 2009
  17. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    Clogwog wrote:
    > "mianileng" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Old Gringo wrote:
    >>> On Or About This Time And Date In History, mianileng Stumbled
    >>> Over
    >>> To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::

    >>> Call HP support, they are excellent.

    >> It may come to that. Thanks for your interest.
    >>

    > Try this:
    > If you have the sp39330.exe, (1/1 , 18.89M) file for vista,
    > it's
    > possible to extract the contents of the .exe with *winrar* NOT
    > with
    > winzip. Extract the files to a temporary folder.
    > You should be able to run the setup.exe from there.
    > If not, try the hardware device driver wizard from device
    > manager and
    > navigate to the .ini files.
    > WDM drivers for XP are stored in a WDM subfolder.
    > HTH & HAND

    OK, I'll try that. Thanks. I already downloaded sp39330.exe
    earlier.

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009
  18. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009
  19. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    Clogwog wrote:
    > "mianileng" <> schreef in bericht
    >

    > Try this:
    > If you have the sp39330.exe, (1/1 , 18.89M) file for vista,
    > it's
    > possible to extract the contents of the .exe with *winrar* NOT
    > with
    > winzip. Extract the files to a temporary folder.
    > You should be able to run the setup.exe from there.
    > If not, try the hardware device driver wizard from device
    > manager and
    > navigate to the .ini files.
    > WDM drivers for XP are stored in a WDM subfolder.
    > HTH & HAND

    Nope, doesn't work. There's no setup.exe in the WDM/WinXP folder
    so I tried installing from Device Manager, but "the wizard cannot
    find the software".

    After I installed the display driver from NVidia (at least that
    went well), there are still seven uninstalled devices left. One
    is "Network Controller" which I assume to be the wireless LAN as
    I'd already installed the wired LAN device. "HP Integrated
    Module" is another.

    The other five are "Unknown device". I pointed to the WDM/WinXP
    folder for each of those five unknown devices in turn, but none
    of them matched.

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009
  20. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > In article <gl01fj$uln$>,
    > lid says...
    > <snip>
    >
    > Have you been hear?
    >
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093
    > &lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&product=3678877&lang=en
    >
    > http://preview.tinyurl.com/6twqte

    Yes, but those drivers are all for Vista. I tried the audio
    driver anyway, but it wouldn't install.

    I also tried Clogwog's suggestion, i.e., I extracted the
    installation package and tried installing from inside the
    WDM\WinXP folder. But no go.

    mianileng, Jan 18, 2009