    before. Does anyone know how to update drivers on the 960, or even how to
    check info on existing ones? They installed automatically from the cd prior
    to software installation.Thanks.

    snowball, Nov 15, 2003

  2. snowball

    Robertwgross Guest

    snowball wrote:
    >I just purchased a new epson 960. I checked their site for the latest
    >drivers dated Febuary 03. No where in the manuals or the site is there
    >information on how to update the drivers. Their site says to remove the old
    >ones first, but again no information at the site or manual on how to do this
    >or even where the drivers are installed. I've never seen anything like this
    >before. Does anyone know how to update drivers on the 960, or even how to
    >check info on existing ones? They installed automatically from the cd prior
    >to software installation.Thanks.

    First of all, find somebody who is moderately proficient with your operating
    system, and get that person to examine it for which Epson printer drivers exist
    now. Jot down the driver file names and dates. For example, you might see
    "epsonXXXX2001.xxx" with a 2001 date. Then install the new drivers. Once those
    new ones are active, you can distinguish ones with maybe a 2003 date and the
    old ones with a 2001 date, then you can choose which one you want to use.

    Strangely enough, I have a combination of older and newer printer drivers, and
    I change back and forth, depending on the results I want.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Nov 15, 2003

  3. "snowball" <> wrote in message news:UQgtb.391242$6C4.288931@pd7tw1no...
    > I just purchased a new epson 960. I checked their site for the latest
    > drivers dated Febuary 03. No where in the manuals or the site is there
    > information on how to update the drivers. Their site says to remove the old
    > ones first, but again no information at the site or manual on how to do this
    > or even where the drivers are installed. I've never seen anything like this
    > before. Does anyone know how to update drivers on the 960, or even how to
    > check info on existing ones? They installed automatically from the cd prior
    > to software installation.Thanks.

    If you are using some Windows version, you don't need to know where the
    drivers are installed. Deleting the driver files is *NOT* the way to uninstall them.
    The proper uninstall not only removes the files, but changes the references in
    the registry so that Windows doesn't try to use the non-existent files any more.
    To uninstall properly, use the "Uninstall" option the manufacturer provided in
    the Start Menu when the hardware was installed. If your manufactorer wasn't
    kind enough to provide such a short cut, go to
    "My Computer/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs".
    Select the driver and remove. Easy as can be.

    --
    Dan (Woj...) dmaster (at) lucent (dot) com

    "I believe in the kingdom come / Then all the colours will bleed into one
    Bleed into one / But yes, I'm still running
    You broke the bonds and you loosed the chains
    Carried the cross of my shame / Of my shame / You know I believe it"

    Dan Wojciechowski, Nov 21, 2003
  4. snowball

    snowball Guest

    I found it. Is it not strange that you have to remove the software in order
    to remove the driver? Most manufactures allow you to remove and update just
    the driver files alone.

    snowball, Nov 21, 2003