    got them, or how you got them to work.

    TIA

    Andrew
    Drew Boillot, Jul 8, 2005

  2. And the Planet amd drivers still won't work huh? Your best bet right now is
    just buy a NIC that "is" sure to work with x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 8, 2005

  3. Drew Boillot

    Drew Boillot Guest

    Nope, they didn't work... from what i can tell they are for RC1 or RC2...

    I have alimited number of PCI slots, I have my Videocard blocking 1 slot, a
    creative sound card, a winfast TV tuner, and a fan.. come to think about it
    i have no free PCI slots for a new network card.. I do have an intel pro1000
    MT that i used in my old PC that works, but its getting old swtiching out
    hardware everytime i want to go to a different OS.

    Drew Boillot, Jul 8, 2005
  4. Huh? Then just remove the present 3com nic and replace it with a nic that is
    sure to be compatible with x64?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 8, 2005
  5. Drew Boillot

    John Barnes Guest

    Where exactly do you see a PCI slot with a NIC card? Its an onboard NIC.

    John Barnes, Jul 8, 2005
  6. Oops, didn't see that.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 8, 2005
  7. Drew Boillot

    DKI Guest

    Andy
    click here if that fails
    http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/driver-sla.php?driver=570x-2003-x86-64

    Click here
    http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php

    under BCM57xx Drivers download
    Windows(x86-64/EM64T)

    this is listed under the broadcom INF in the driver as well as many others

    3C940BR01 = "3Com 3C940 Gigabit LOM"

    broadcom write the 3com drivers for all the platforms so i with this i think
    they may be the same company

    DKI, Jul 8, 2005
  8. Drew Boillot

    DKI Guest

    Also just relised typed andy, sorry andrew, old habit with other friends
    called andrew asking me to shorten it down to andy, let me know if you have
    any success with them drivers

    DKI, Jul 8, 2005
  9. Drew Boillot

    Drew Boillot Guest

    Thats ok. I just got back in the office today from vacation, I'll download
    these drivers and try them tonight when i get home..

    Thanks for the help!!!

    ANdrew

    Drew Boillot, Jul 13, 2005
  10. Drew Boillot

    Drew Boillot Guest

    They dind't work.

    I'm starting to wonder if i need to re-flash my BIOS or if i have a flaky
    mobo..

    Andrew

    Drew Boillot, Jul 14, 2005
  11. Drew Boillot

    DKI Guest

    Best bet is to contact Abit since they have more knowledge of the product
    and might be able to help.

    DKI, Jul 15, 2005
  12. Drew Boillot

    John Barnes Guest

    If you have drivers that work on x64 beta, just decorate the ini and it
    should work with RTM

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2005
  13. Drew Boillot

    John Barnes Guest

    sorry inf

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2005
  14. Drew Boillot

    Drew Boillot Guest

    that's just it... I don't know how LOL

    Drew Boillot, Jul 21, 2005
  15. Drew Boillot

    DKI Guest

    I not decorate the inf before but read the INF file and see if some sections
    matches whats said on the site and then rename the required parts. the site
    is
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/64INF_reqs.mspx

    Which beta build version did you use with the INFs with and did you upgrade
    the beta version with the trial or do a clean install

    DKI, Jul 23, 2005
  16. Drew Boillot

    John Barnes Guest

    You can follow the link in DKI post and you should not have a problem, but
    if you need help you can post the applicable section of the inf you used in
    beta here and someone will help.

    John Barnes, Jul 23, 2005
  17. Drew Boillot

    Drew Boillot Guest

    Thanks, I'll try it tonight.

    I'm not sure which one i used, I think it was RC2.
    I formated the drive and did a clean install.

    Andrew

    Drew Boillot, Jul 26, 2005
  18. Drew Boillot

    DKI Guest

    If it was RC1 or RC2 the drivers should then be decorate as since it was a
    requirement for them since RC1.

    But the drivers you used that worked on the release candits should of worked
    on the RTM as well.

    DKI, Jul 26, 2005