    Edition.

    P.D:The network card is a Hercules HWGPCI-54 with Ralink RT2500 Chipset.

    Thank you in advance for your attention.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFmb2FyZA==?=, Jul 25, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cmFmb2FyZA==?=

    PvdG42 Guest

    "rafoard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello
    > I´m going to get a new wireless pci network card for my pc Intel 64 bit
    > processor with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and i see that this
    > device
    > has compatible driver with Windows Vista 64 bit edition,so i don´t know if
    > it´s compatible with my O.S.
    > I suppose that this driver,being compatible with Vista64,is written for 64
    > bits O.S. but I´m not totally sure about the compatibility with XP x64
    > Edition.
    >
    > P.D:The network card is a Hercules HWGPCI-54 with Ralink RT2500 Chipset.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your attention.

    In general, Vista drivers and XP drivers are very different (32 or 64 bit).
    So drivers for XP don't work in Vista and vice-versa.
    For more specific info, try to contact the NIC manufacturer or chipset
    maker, whoever is offering the drivers.

    PvdG42, Jul 25, 2007

  3. See http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Windows.html

    Dominic Payer, Jul 25, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cmFmb2FyZA==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Rafoard:
    I have at least 2 wireless PCI cards with the Ralink RT2500 Chipset
    that work properly with XP x64 and Vista x64. Follow the link that Dominic
    Payer posted earlier for the drivers. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Jul 26, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cmFmb2FyZA==?=

    Graham Guest

    rafoard wrote:
    > I´m going to get a new wireless pci network card for my pc Intel 64 bit
    > processor with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and i see that this device
    > has compatible driver with Windows Vista 64 bit edition,so i don´t know if
    > it´s compatible with my O.S.
    > I suppose that this driver,being compatible with Vista64,is written for 64
    > bits O.S. but I´m not totally sure about the compatibility with XP x64
    > Edition.

    You might be lucky. I've got a Canon photo printer with no XP x64
    drivers, but recently Vista x64 drivers appeared. Figuring I've got
    nothing to lose (at worst I could restore from a backup), I tried to
    install them, and they work.

    Graham.

    Graham, Jul 26, 2007