DRIVER_IRWL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?=, Jan 21, 2007.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?=, Jan 21, 2007

  2. If you installed a backup of your previous system, you should most definitly
    re-install the correct motherboard drivers for your new board!

    Perhaps, even go through the 'repair install' routine which will give you an
    option to have the correct SATA and/or RAID drivers in place. ( Press F6 at
    start of installation!)

    Tony. . .

    "S Murder" <> wrote in message
    > I just got a new mother board
    > (http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/news_content.php?serno=50) and keep getting

    the
    > blue screen of death with this error. I think it happens when using my

    file

    Tony Sperling, Jan 22, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    It would be real helpful if you could give us some sort of idea what you are
    doing when this happens. Has it always happened since you installed the new
    mobo or since you installed some hardware. Also, are we talking about IRQL
    not IRWL What is your error code that goes with it? At least that would
    be a start. Also are you running XP PRO X64 or XP Pro.

    John Barnes, Jan 22, 2007
  4. I reinstalled Windows for the new mobo. I also installed the mobo drivers.

    I just got the mobo a day or 2 ago.
    I'm using XP Pro x64.
    Yeah, it's really IRQL. It was a typo.

    In the System Event Viewer, I found this:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1
    (0x0000000000000068, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001,
    0xfffffadfc69c0152). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

    I think it's the same code that the blue screen showed. It also said there
    was a problem with NVTcp.sys

    =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?=, Jan 22, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?=

    Jane C Guest

    NVTcp.sys It's that dreaded nVidia firewall again. If you haven't already
    done so, INSTALL the nVidia firewall and then UNINSTALL it. I know, sounds
    daft, but it has to be installed in order to be uninstalled. It has been an
    endless cause of problems in XP x64.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Jan 22, 2007
  6. Lmao, that makes sense.:)
    Thanks for the help.

    =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?=, Jan 22, 2007
  7. I uninstalled the nVidia Network Access Manager, which had the Firewall, but
    I'm still having problems. Do I need a different LAN driver?

    =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?=, Jan 23, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you followed Jane's instructions you should not have the file on your
    system or it won't be used and you can rename it with no impact.
    INSTALL the nVidia firewall and then uninstall it and the file you refer to
    will either be gone or not used.
    Again, what 'file sharing program' are you using, and what are you trying to
    do when the problem happens.

    John Barnes, Jan 23, 2007
  9. Here, (NForce 590) the Firewall didn't appear anywhere by name, there is a
    NetworkManager (or Management?) that apparently does the same thing - missed
    it at first. Corrected now!

    Tony. . .

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    > Does this BSOD happen only when using this file sharing program?
    > If so, try using another one and see what happens.
    > There are a lot hanging around there.
    > For XP x64 I am using the NVidia NForce 4 chipset drivers v 6.86.
    > I let it install everything except the dreaded NVidia firewall which

    happens

    Tony Sperling, Jan 23, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    There are a number of posts about BSOD with the nVidia Network Manager and
    some with the 590 chipset. You can Google it and see if any seem
    appropriate to your situation.

    John Barnes, Jan 23, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Interestingly, if you Google the problem, one specific problem down to the
    590 chip has to do with emule, so I would skip that one.

    John Barnes, Jan 23, 2007
  12. As I am dual-booting, I installed and removed it for Win2K, then didn't
    install it for XP x64, since I had just done it! Well, it was late and I
    needed a bra on my glasses for the bags under my eyes, next morning Charlie
    set me straight. . .

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 23, 2007