    It worked, for three other drivers including my Envy sound card. Problem is
    I have to do this every time I boot. Is there a way to permanently disable
    this for these drivers?
    =?Utf-8?B?TW9uYXJr?=, Jun 13, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TW9uYXJr?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

    from an elevated command prompt

    "Monark" <> wrote in message news:...
    Problems with disabling this permanently. AMD 64 Proc, Albatron MB, VIA
    chipset controller, 3c940 Gigabit Ethernet. I was unable to get any drivers
    to work. Finally I just used the driver from Win Server 2003. I searched the
    net for any new Signed Drivers. None! So someone told me to make sure I run
    it in win serv 2003 mode in properties. I did and they said to reboot and
    (F8) into Safe Mode and click "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement!

    mikeyhsd, Jun 13, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TW9uYXJr?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    that bcdedit answer was for vista.

    mikeyhsd, Jun 13, 2006
  4. Thanks!

    It took abit for me to figure out how to elevate my command prompt
    privilege, but it then worked. Without massive driver support and rewrites
    it will be hard to see this feature selling 64bit computing on the windows
    platform. I knew there had to be some sort of hack to bypass this forced
    signature rule.

    Microsoft needs to get this straightened out before release or they will
    have many disatisfied customers heading over to Linux on the Millions of Sony
    PS3's to be sold. ;)

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9uYXJr?=, Jun 18, 2006