Driver Question: Where To Look For Driver Version, etc. ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Running W98 on a 5 yr old Dell Dimension

    Just loaded some Canon photo printer software for a new photo printer.
    All seems to work well.

    But looking on Canon's page, it appears that there "might" be a new Driver
    available for one of the programs (Easy PhotoPrint).

    My questions are:

    a. Where do I look in my system to determine the Driver version that was
    actually installed for this program
    when I loaded the software from their CD ?

    b. If the driver they are apparently offering is actually a newer version,
    does it replace the older one (automatically) when I install it ?

    Any gotchas, etc., to be aware of when installing the new one ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Robert11

    bardeban Guest

    go to alt.computer.drivers.wanted

    bardeban, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Robert11

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:37:42 -0400, in
    <>
    Robert11 scrawled:

    >Hello:
    >
    >Running W98 on a 5 yr old Dell Dimension
    >
    >Just loaded some Canon photo printer software for a new photo printer.
    >All seems to work well.
    >
    >But looking on Canon's page, it appears that there "might" be a new Driver
    >available for one of the programs (Easy PhotoPrint).
    >
    >My questions are:
    >
    >a. Where do I look in my system to determine the Driver version that was
    >actually installed for this program
    >when I loaded the software from their CD ?

    Use Everest
    http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1&subpage=1

    >b. If the driver they are apparently offering is actually a newer version,
    >does it replace the older one (automatically) when I install it ?

    Yes.

    >Any gotchas, etc., to be aware of when installing the new one ?

    Ask yourself if you actually NEED the driver; if it ain't broke,
    don't fix it. If the new driver gives you added features, or
    fixes bugs, AND it's from the software authors, then there
    should be no problem, but that's not guaranteed.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 10, 2004