    the modem it'self is "56K DAA E"

    Can anyone help me to get this modem working please.

    Thank you.
    Sam, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Sam

    DC Guest

    Sam wrote:
    > Hello,

    > I have an old system which I have formatted and installed XP Pro on and
    > everything seems to be working fine except the modem driver which just won't
    > install. I have tried removing the modem and re booting but the new
    > hardware wizard still wont accept the driver. I think I need a driver that
    > is compatible with XP but I have searched google without success. In Device
    > manager it is listed as a simple communications device and all I can see on
    > the modem it'self is "56K DAA E"

    > Can anyone help me to get this modem working please.

    > Thank you.

    This purports to be an XP driver:

    http://www.pcchipsusa.com/mod/pctel_daa/pcteldaa_xp.ZIP

    Couldn't hurt to try it (I think). }:O)

    Scan your download, 'course...

    Good luck.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com
    DC, Mar 27, 2005

  3. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Wow, Thank's DC, it WORKED. I am so relieved. I owe you a pint. All I
    can say is thank god for Newsgroups and people like you.

    Cheers.

    Sam, Mar 28, 2005
  4. Sam

    DC Guest

    Sam wrote:
    > Wow, Thank's DC, it WORKED. I am so relieved. I owe you a pint. All I
    > can say is thank god for Newsgroups and people like you.

    > Cheers.

    Great! Glad to be of help. }:O)

    DC, Mar 28, 2005