    the system cannot fijnd the new? driver

    the system reports the hardware installed but with no driver

    can anyone help please.

    robin goodfellow, Nov 23, 2003

  2. robin goodfellow

    Miggsee Guest

    Did you click on Have disk and browse to the folder that was created when
    you ran the executable file?

    "robin goodfellow" <> wrote in message
    > I have been donated a USB scanner.
    > But when I instaled it my widnows 98 could not find the correct driver.
    > I downloaded the driver from the companies website (PRIMAX)
    > This generated an exec called p93_en98_usb.exe
    > This executed OK but when i go into 'add new hardware'... 'reinstall

    driver'

    Miggsee, Nov 23, 2003

  3. robin goodfellow

    °Mike° Guest

    Don't use the Add New Hardware wizard. Go to Device
    Manager, double click the relevant entry for the device,
    and choose 'Update Driver'. You'll probably need to
    find the .inf file created with the p93_en98_usb.exe file.

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:55:10 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bpqand$ai3$>
    robin goodfellow scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance