Driver for Lexmark x74 in Windows 64bit edition

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGlydmVycyBMZXhtYXJrIHg3NQ==?=, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. Please, I haven't been to install the Lexmark x75 in my windows x64

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlydmVycyBMZXhtYXJrIHg3NQ==?=, Jun 27, 2005

  2. In general, chose a printer driver that most closely matches your model. For
    black and white laserjet printers, this will be a printer that supports
    PCL5,
    and/or Postscript. For colour, you'll need a PCL6 driver. Choose the closest
    matching Lexmark printer and you'll at least be able to print. Probably not
    scanning, however. I always recommend adding or buying Postscript
    capability
    for any printer, since it makes your printer able to work from a wide
    variety
    of operating systems.

    --
    Charlie.

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    "Dirvers Lexmark x75" <Dirvers Lexmark > wrote
    in message news:...

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005

  3. Thanks, but this printer is a Multifunctional and the scanner doesn't work.

    Kind regards

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlydmVycyBMZXhtYXJrIHg3NQ==?=, Jun 28, 2005
  4. You won't get all of the functionality, only basic printing, you definitely
    need to get in contact with Lexmark about this.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "Dirvers Lexmark x75" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RGlydmVycyBMZXhtYXJrIHg3NQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Seems that there is virtually no driver support for scanners. None built in
    to x64 as far as I can tell.

    John Barnes, Jun 28, 2005
  6. So its best to say then that XP Pro x64 makes your products half useless.
    ;-)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RGlydmVycyBMZXhtYXJrIHg3NQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Never owned one, but is either 1/3 or 2/3 useless depending on whether the
    copy function is independent of the scan function. Copy, Scan, Print are
    the advertised functions. Printing is all I have seen anyone being able to
    do so far.

    John Barnes, Jun 28, 2005
  8. Correct.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005