    plug and play but i wish to update the drive (which i have from ibm,
    just the inf and cab files)
    how do, right clicking the cab or inf doesnt install it

    Me, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Me

    Shane Guest

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:11:05 +0100, Me wrote:

    > hi, ive got a second hand ibm lcd monitor, its recognised by xp as a
    > plug and play but i wish to update the drive (which i have from ibm,
    > just the inf and cab files)
    > how do, right clicking the cab or inf doesnt install it

    *trying to remember how to bring up devices on windows xp*
    right click my computer -> properties -> hardware tab? -> devices
    scroll down to monitor
    double click and one of the tabs on the window that pops up should have
    'update driver' or equivalent
    which you then point at your new driver
    HTH

    Shane, Jun 18, 2005

  3. Me

    Tony Guest

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:11:05 +0100, Me <> wrote:

    >hi, ive got a second hand ibm lcd monitor, its recognised by xp as a
    >plug and play but i wish to update the drive (which i have from ibm,
    >just the inf and cab files)
    >how do, right clicking the cab or inf doesnt install it

    You do not need a Driver for it..

    Tony, Jun 19, 2005
  4. Me

    Tony Guest

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 08:21:26 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:

    >On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:11:05 +0100, Me wrote:
    >
    >> hi, ive got a second hand ibm lcd monitor, its recognised by xp as a
    >> plug and play but i wish to update the drive (which i have from ibm,
    >> just the inf and cab files)
    >> how do, right clicking the cab or inf doesnt install it

    >*trying to remember how to bring up devices on windows xp*
    >right click my computer -> properties -> hardware tab? -> devices
    >scroll down to monitor
    >double click and one of the tabs on the window that pops up should have
    >'update driver' or equivalent
    >which you then point at your new driver
    >HTH

    He does not need a New Driver..

    This is a misconception with XP and Plug & Play..

    Tony, Jun 19, 2005
  5. Tony wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:11:05 +0100, Me <> wrote:
    >

    >>hi, ive got a second hand ibm lcd monitor, its recognised by xp as a
    >>plug and play but i wish to update the drive (which i have from ibm,
    >>just the inf and cab files)
    >>how do, right clicking the cab or inf doesnt install it

    > You do not need a Driver for it..

    The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    that the monitor can use.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jun 19, 2005
  6. On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:24:21 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock
    <> wrote in <news:d92e0h$jem$>:

    > Tony wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:11:05 +0100, Me <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>hi, ive got a second hand ibm lcd monitor, its recognised by xp as a
    >>>plug and play but i wish to update the drive (which i have from ibm,
    >>>just the inf and cab files)
    >>>how do, right clicking the cab or inf doesnt install it

    >> You do not need a Driver for it..

    > The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    > that the monitor can use.

    Please do not befuddle the woger with facts. You'll upset his bullshit
    dispenser.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from
    bad judgment.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jun 19, 2005
  7. Me

    Tony Guest

    wrote:

    >Tony wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:11:05 +0100, Me <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>hi, ive got a second hand ibm lcd monitor, its recognised by xp as a
    >>>plug and play but i wish to update the drive (which i have from ibm,
    >>>just the inf and cab files)
    >>>how do, right clicking the cab or inf doesnt install it

    >> You do not need a Driver for it..

    >The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    >that the monitor can use.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Nicholas Sherlock

    The Driver info comes from the Monitor, and not from a external source..

    Tony, Jun 19, 2005
  8. Me

    Tony Guest

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:42:19 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:24:21 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock
    ><> wrote in <news:d92e0h$jem$>:
    >
    >> Tony wrote:

    >>> You do not need a Driver for it..

    >> The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    >> that the monitor can use.

    >Please do not befuddle the woger with facts. You'll upset his bullshit
    >dispenser.

    YOU DO NOT NEED A DRIVER DICK HEAD FOR A PLUG & PLAY MONITOR..

    Tony, Jun 19, 2005
  9. On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:42:38 +1200, Tony <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:42:19 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:24:21 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock
    >><> wrote in <news:d92e0h$jem$>:

    >>> The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    >>> that the monitor can use.

    >>Please do not befuddle the woger with facts. You'll upset his bullshit
    >>dispenser.

    > YOU DO NOT NEED A DRIVER DICK HEAD FOR A PLUG & PLAY MONITOR..

    PACK UP TALKING FUCKINGTWADDLE, DILDO-BRAIN!

    Your bollard bloody head needs a driver all right - a fucking PILE DRIVER!

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jun 19, 2005
  10. Me

    Me Guest

    <> wrote:

    >The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    >that the monitor can use.

    I'm in the uk, so nice to be with rogers relly's
    good news, they arn't like him!
    yerr, i updated my driver for my video card and it wants to makes
    decisions based on the montior, hence seing its a pnp thinks it cant
    support the resolution i want to run at...
    I've just rolled back the video driver for now...

    Me, Jun 19, 2005
  11. On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:39:36 +1200, Tony <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:24:21 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Tony wrote:

    >>> You do not need a Driver for it..

    >>The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    >>that the monitor can use.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>Nicholas Sherlock

    > The Driver info comes from the Monitor, and not from a external source..

    Misleading codswallop!

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jun 19, 2005
  12. Me

    Tony Guest

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:59:13 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:39:36 +1200, Tony <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:24:21 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    >>>that the monitor can use.
    >>>
    >>>Cheers,
    >>>Nicholas Sherlock

    >> The Driver info comes from the Monitor, and not from a external source..

    >Misleading codswallop!

    NO ITS NOT, I HAVE NO DRIVER FOR MY LCD AND IT LIST THE CORRECT SPECS FOR
    IT..

    Tony, Jun 19, 2005
  13. Me

    wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:39:36 +1200, Tony <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:24:21 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    >>>that the monitor can use.
    >>>
    >>>Cheers,
    >>>Nicholas Sherlock

    >> The Driver info comes from the Monitor, and not from a external source..

    >Misleading codswallop!

    NO ITS BLOODY WEL NOT, go read about Plug & Play..

    Gee I forgot, most uses here are Lunix Idiots, so no Plug & Play..

    Tony, Jun 19, 2005
  14. Me

    wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:39:36 +1200, Tony <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:24:21 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    >>>that the monitor can use.
    >>>
    >>>Cheers,
    >>>Nicholas Sherlock

    >> The Driver info comes from the Monitor, and not from a external source..

    >Misleading codswallop!

    This software will list all the Info of My LCD Monitor, I only have the
    auto loaded Plug & Play driver set up..

    http://www.lavalys.com/

    The INFO comes from the Monitor..

    Seems that most here just don't understand Plug & Play..

    Tony, Jun 19, 2005
  15. Me

    Bret Guest

    Bret, Jun 19, 2005
  16. Me

    Bret Guest

    Bret, Jun 20, 2005
  17. In article <-a-geek.net>,
    Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:

    >The best way to get the right answer on usenet is to post the wrong one.

    I respectfully submit this thread as a counterexample. :)

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 20, 2005
  18. Me

    Andrew Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:39:36 +1200, Tony
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:24:21 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>The 'driver' (A textfile) often contains needed information on the modes
    >>>that the monitor can use.
    >>>
    >>>Cheers,
    >>>Nicholas Sherlock

    >>The Driver info comes from the Monitor, and not from a external source..
    >>

    > YOU DO NOT NEED A DRIVER DICK HEAD FOR A PLUG & PLAY MONITOR..

    Is it just me, or did you just reply to yourself?

    Andrew, Jun 20, 2005
  19. Me

    Epsom, Surry Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:49:13 +1200, Andrew
    <> wrote:
    GUYS, no answer yet, how do I install the inf file, I did it with my
    aoc monitor, cant remember if it came with a exe file thou...

    Epsom, Surry, Jun 20, 2005
  20. Me

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Epsom, Surry" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:49:13 +1200, Andrew
    > <> wrote:
    > GUYS, no answer yet, how do I install the inf file, I did it with my
    > aoc monitor, cant remember if it came with a exe file thou...

    right click the inf file and you should get an install option in the menu

    Craig Sutton, Jun 20, 2005