    for Windows Server 2003 x64?

    Thanks,

    Mark

    Mark Itzcovitz, Jul 11, 2005

  2. "Mark Itzcovitz" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Does anyone know if there is a 64-bit driver for Intel High Definition
    > Audio for Windows Server 2003 x64?
    >
    > Thanks

    Mark,

    If it is not "in the box" then check the manufacturers web site for updated
    drivers.
    If they have not written one then none are available.
    (Also note that our server platforms have traditionally not be as well
    supported with sound drivers as in the majority of cases the servers do not
    require sound in many of their more common operating environments e.g.
    racked up in a data center)

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 11, 2005

  3. >> Does anyone know if there is a 64-bit driver for Intel High Definition
    >> Audio for Windows Server 2003 x64?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Mark,
    >
    > If it is not "in the box" then check the manufacturers web site for
    > updated drivers.
    > If they have not written one then none are available.
    > (Also note that our server platforms have traditionally not be as well
    > supported with sound drivers as in the majority of cases the servers do
    > not require sound in many of their more common operating environments e.g.
    > racked up in a data center)
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike
    > --
    > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    > rights

    > newsgroups

    Thanks for your response, Mike.

    The only reference I can find on the Intel web site says that the drivers
    are not available here because they are "in the box", but that's for Windows
    in general rather than Windows Server 2003 x64.

    Obviously sound is not usually required on a Server OS but since we're
    developing FOR Windows Server it has been mandated that we develop ON
    Windows Server, and I can't possibly do software development on a machine
    without sound :-(.

    Does anyone know if the drivers are available for XP x64?

    Mark

    Mark Itzcovitz, Jul 11, 2005
  4. "Mark Itzcovitz" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone know if there is a 64-bit driver for Intel High Definition
    >>> Audio for Windows Server 2003 x64?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> Mark,
    >>
    >> If it is not "in the box" then check the manufacturers web site for
    >> updated drivers.
    >> If they have not written one then none are available.
    >> (Also note that our server platforms have traditionally not be as well
    >> supported with sound drivers as in the majority of cases the servers do
    >> not require sound in many of their more common operating environments
    >> e.g. racked up in a data center)
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Mike
    >> --
    >> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    >> rights
    >>
    >> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
    >> newsgroups
    >>

    > Thanks for your response, Mike.
    >
    > The only reference I can find on the Intel web site says that the drivers
    > are not available here because they are "in the box", but that's for
    > Windows in general rather than Windows Server 2003 x64.
    >
    > Obviously sound is not usually required on a Server OS but since we're
    > developing FOR Windows Server it has been mandated that we develop ON
    > Windows Server, and I can't possibly do software development on a machine
    > without sound :-(.
    >
    > Does anyone know if the drivers are available for XP x64?
    >
    > Mark

    Problem solved - the 64-bit driver was packaged with the 32-bit driver on
    the resource CD that came with the system.

    Mark Itzcovitz, Jul 11, 2005
  5. Good for them. If mfg do things right, the 32-bit and 64-bit can share a
    single driver package.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 11, 2005