driver for hp photosmart 318

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by vid, Jun 28, 2007.

  1. vid

    vid Guest

    anyone know where I can locate a driver for hp photosmart 318.. there
    is no driver on the website and the download at driver.com does not
    work thanks
     
    vid, Jun 28, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. vid

    meerkat Guest

    meerkat, Jun 28, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. vid

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:46:56 -0700, vid wrote:

    >anyone know where I can locate a driver for hp photosmart 318.. there
    >is no driver on the website and the download at driver.com does not
    >work thanks


    Not this one then? Oftem people that looked in the HP site couldn't find
    drivers links were then posted for.

    HP Photosmart 318 Digital Camera
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&cc=uk&product=58479&dlc=en&lang=en&
    Only Win ME and 98

    You also didn't say a driver for Which OS, makes guessing more fun.

    Me
     
    why?, Jun 28, 2007
    #3
  4. vid

    John Holmes Guest

    vid "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > anyone know where I can locate a driver for hp photosmart 318.. there
    > is no driver on the website and the download at driver.com does not
    > work thanks
    >


    1> When running XP with SP2, the OS will detect the camera itself without
    any problems.

    2> Make sure the batteries of the camera are fully loaded.

    3> You'll need a USB2.0 connection on the PC to make it work properly. If
    the onboard USB controller doesn't support USB2.0 you'll need to buy an
    add-on card.

    HTH

    --
    Your mother was a saucy blockhead who gave birth to you in the Paris
    sewers.
     
    John Holmes, Jun 28, 2007
    #4
  5. vid

    Plato Guest

    vid wrote:
    >
    > anyone know where I can locate a driver for hp photosmart 318.. there
    > is no driver on the website and the download at driver.com does not
    > work thanks


    Driver links:

    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Drivers
     
    Plato, Jun 28, 2007
    #5
  6. vid

    JonC Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    news:468424dd$0$98872$...
    > vid wrote:
    >>
    >> anyone know where I can locate a driver for hp photosmart 318.. there
    >> is no driver on the website and the download at driver.com does not
    >> work thanks

    >
    > Driver links:
    >
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/
    > Drivers
    >



    http://www.driverguide.com/
     
    JonC, Jun 29, 2007
    #6
  7. vid

    vid Guest

    On Jun 28, 2:13 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:46:56 -0700, vid wrote:
    > >anyone know where I can locate a driver for hp photosmart 318.. there
    > >is no driver on the website and the download at driver.com does not
    > >work thanks

    >
    > Not this one then? Oftem people that looked in the HP site couldn't find
    > drivers links were then posted for.
    >
    > HP Photosmart 318 Digital Camerahttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&cc=uk&produ...
    > Only Win ME and 98
    >
    > You also didn't say a driver for Which OS, makes guessing more fun.
    >
    > Me


    sorry it was for windows xp2
     
    vid, Jun 29, 2007
    #7
  8. vid

    vid Guest

    On Jun 29, 10:43 am, vid <> wrote:
    > On Jun 28, 2:13 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >
    > > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:46:56 -0700, vid wrote:
    > > >anyone know where I can locate adriverforhpphotosmart318.. there
    > > >is nodriveron the website and the download atdriver.com does not
    > > >work thanks

    >
    > > Not this one then? Oftem people that looked in theHPsite couldn't find
    > > drivers links were then posted for.

    >
    > >HPPhotosmart318Digital Camerahttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&cc=uk&produ...
    > > Only Win ME and 98

    >
    > > You also didn't say adriverfor Which OS, makes guessing more fun.

    >
    > > Me

    >
    > sorry it was for windows xp2


    after many tries ... I still can't get the camera to work.. in
    response to John's reply... I do have a usb 2.0 connection and
    cable...checked in the system and both the usb and universal serial
    are reporting as in working order... now when I connect the camera I
    am still seeing the connection icon on the toolbar..however...G drive
    is opening with the folders DCIM and in there are two folders 100HP318
    and 101HP318.... when I click on either of these I get error message
    that these files are inaccessable because of a I/O system error

    could it be because the computer is recognizing the camera but there
    is no update????


    there is also another folder MISC with the data file. AUTPRINT.MRK
    inside
     
    vid, Jul 2, 2007
    #8
  9. vid

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 07:15:47 -0000, vid wrote:

    >On Jun 29, 10:43 am, vid <> wrote:
    >> On Jun 28, 2:13 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >>
    >> > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:46:56 -0700, vid wrote:
    >> > >anyone know where I can locate adriverforhpphotosmart318.. there
    >> > >is nodriveron the website and the download atdriver.com does not
    >> > >work thanks

    >>
    >> > Not this one then? Oftem people that looked in theHPsite couldn't find
    >> > drivers links were then posted for.

    >>
    >> >HPPhotosmart318Digital Camerahttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&cc=uk&produ...
    >> > Only Win ME and 98

    >>
    >> > You also didn't say adriverfor Which OS, makes guessing more fun.

    >>
    >> > Me

    >>
    >> sorry it was for windows xp2

    >
    >after many tries ... I still can't get the camera to work.. in
    >response to John's reply... I do have a usb 2.0 connection and
    >cable...checked in the system and both the usb and universal serial
    >are reporting as in working order... now when I connect the camera I
    >am still seeing the connection icon on the toolbar..however...G drive
    >is opening with the folders DCIM and in there are two folders 100HP318
    >and 101HP318.... when I click on either of these I get error message
    >that these files are inaccessable because of a I/O system error


    Could it be a format error on the memory card?

    I took some generic camera my folks had, removed the memory card from it
    and it reads in my multicared reader XP Pro SP2. Saves having to muck
    around with USB / leads and software.

    >could it be because the computer is recognizing the camera but there
    >is no update????


    Shouldn't be. Card readers and card formats are pretty much generic.

    If you check the properties of G is the amount of memory okay?

    What about G , right click , Properties / Tools / Error Checking?

    >there is also another folder MISC with the data file. AUTPRINT.MRK
    >inside


    If you don't need any of the files you could try formatting the memory
    card.

    Me
     
    why?, Jul 2, 2007
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. slash
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    660
    Paolo Pizzi
    Nov 21, 2003
  2. Mike & Pat

    hp photosmart 318 digital camera

    Mike & Pat, Jan 25, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    549
    Mike & Pat
    Jan 25, 2004
  3. Marcy

    HP Photosmart 318 will not power up

    Marcy, Apr 27, 2006, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    377
    ASAAR
    Apr 27, 2006
  4. M.H.
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    469
    ASAAR
    Feb 14, 2007
  5. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,160
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page