    I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
    the driver for Windows 98.

    Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.
    JayJay, Feb 19, 2008

  2. JayJay

    EMB Guest

    JayJay wrote:
    > A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
    > Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.
    >
    > I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
    > the driver for Windows 98.
    >
    > Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

    http://www.printer-drivers.com/drivers/143/143696.htm

    You'll have to register for Driverguide to get it.
    EMB, Feb 19, 2008

  3. JayJay

    Guest

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:19:27 +1300, JayJay <> wrote:

    >A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
    >Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.
    >
    >I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
    >the driver for Windows 98.
    >
    >Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

    Plenty of Driver sites you will find on google.
    , Feb 19, 2008
  4. JayJay

    JayJay Guest

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:37:53 +1300, EMB wrote:

    > JayJay wrote:
    >> A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
    >> Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.
    >>
    >> I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
    >> the driver for Windows 98.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

    > http://www.printer-drivers.com/drivers/143/143696.htm
    >
    > You'll have to register for Driverguide to get it.

    I registered on this site but for the life of me I can't log in
    correctly. I enter a correct email address and password log in but
    when I attempt to go further it says I need to reenter the
    registration information. I notice that when I log in I press the
    enter button and at this point the password box goes blank. I've sent
    an email to them but don't hold out too much hope.
    JayJay, Feb 19, 2008
  5. JayJay

    JayJay Guest

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:48:00 +1300, wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:19:27 +1300, JayJay <> wrote:
    >
    >>A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
    >>Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.
    >>
    >>I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
    >>the driver for Windows 98.
    >>
    >>Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

    > Plenty of Driver sites you will find on google.

    All the ones I've tried (and I've tried a lot) don't have the driver
    for 98. If you know a site that has this driver I would appreciate a
    link.
    JayJay, Feb 19, 2008
  6. JayJay

    JayJay Guest

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:18:05 +1300, JayJay wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:37:53 +1300, EMB wrote:
    >
    >> JayJay wrote:
    >>> A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
    >>> Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.
    >>>
    >>> I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
    >>> the driver for Windows 98.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

    >> http://www.printer-drivers.com/drivers/143/143696.htm
    >>
    >> You'll have to register for Driverguide to get it.

    > I registered on this site but for the life of me I can't log in
    > correctly. I enter a correct email address and password log in but
    > when I attempt to go further it says I need to reenter the
    > registration information. I notice that when I log in I press the
    > enter button and at this point the password box goes blank. I've sent
    > an email to them but don't hold out too much hope.

    Since I wrote this message I've received a reply from DriveGuide and
    they have reset my account settings and I can now enter the site and
    download. I now have the driver I was seeking.

    Impressed with the speed in which they answered my email, around 30
    minutes to reply, not bad for a free registration.
    JayJay, Feb 19, 2008