    true?)

    Bye
    Hugo

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Hello, I think you may have trouble finding a Canon driver - and yes,
    drivers must be 64bit. The rest, probably is Acer Specific Hardware that has
    support on the system CD (Windows XP Home Edition?). In order to have that
    set up to work, sadly, you must find the driver support yourself. Identify
    what Hardware it is - preferably, find out what chip is driving the item. If
    your Wi-Fi, for instance, is driven by the Broadcom chip you may be lucky,
    they have good support in 64bit. But, on the other hand, if your Wi-Fi is
    controlled by a button on the machine - like my HP, then you are out of luck
    again as there is no general support for such buttons. But ask Acer first!
    Then go to PlanetAMD64.com and take a look. If you find anything you must
    give it to Windows by the F6 method, during install. As your system is
    already installed, it should be O.K. to do a 'repair install' and use 'F6'
    from there.

    The Hardware you are looking for should be described in the printed manual
    that came with your TravelMate - if it did? Otherwise, go to the 'site' of
    the Motherboard manufacturer and look for a description of the board.
    Mass storage - could be USB.
    Multimedia - could be AC97 audio (perhaps Realtek)
    Network controller - could be anything

    Basically, this is the way you go ahead, you should be able to get some of
    that stuff up and running, but don't expect it all to function in a hurry -
    and never without blood, sweat and tears.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Visit your regional Acer support site and download and install the x64
    drivers and utilities for your Travelmate 4400. This should resolve all
    except the Canon printer driver.

    Canon has no x64 driver for the IP2000. You should get basic printing with
    the BJC8000 driver included with x64. See
    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=8852&hl=ip2000

    Dominic Payer, Oct 14, 2005
  4. Hello Dominic,
    Can I just download and install the driver before reintalling win 64bits? Or
    have I to burn these on a CD before rebooting? Or download and intall the
    drivers after installing win 64 bits? What is the best solution?
    Thank you.
    Hugo

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=, Oct 14, 2005
  5. OK I visited planetAMD64 I noticed how to do.
    Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=, Oct 14, 2005
  6. In one of my older posts I read some think about F6 during installation. How
    it works ? For all the drivers?

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=, Oct 14, 2005
  7. F6 is for RAID drivers if you want to install x64 on a RAID array and the
    drivers for the RAID chipset are not included in the x64 Windows setup disk.

    Any other drivers can be installed after Windows is installed.

    If you have only one machine and will need chipset or LAN drivers to enable
    the LAN port(s) and access the internet, be sure you have the necessary
    drivers downloaded or otherwise available before you install Windows.

    Dominic Payer, Oct 14, 2005
  8. Hello Dominic,

    They are 10 different drivers for all the devices of The Travelmate 4400
    ACER thurion 64. But you are right, I must check each one before reinstalling
    win XP Pro 64bits because I need few drivers (video ATI card, lan connection,
    audio card and more... ) I will read all this during W-E. I wrote one entire
    page of word file with all the adives I have to follow for properly install
    XP 64 bits Pro... A real Job...Lolll
    But very interesting...
    Thank you,
    Hugo