    again.

    --
    Alasdair.
    Alasdair, Nov 12, 2008

  2. On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:04:20 +0000, Alasdair aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > I am having the following problem with my PC. Suddenly everything is
    > enlarged and then this message comes up.
    >
    > "Fault- Windows display driver stopped. The nv4 display driver has
    > stopped working normally, save work, reboot system to restore full
    > display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog
    > will be displayed giving a chance to re load data".
    >
    > I just close it all and the computer shuts down and then I start it
    > again and it returns to normal, but it's beginning to annoy me so I
    > wondered if you might have an idea of how I could prevent it happening
    > again.

    Look for the "Anykey" on yer keybord.
    now...DONT push that button.

    HTH
    HAND

    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm
    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 12, 2008

  3. Alasdair

    Guest

    Alasdair <> wrote:

    >I am having the following problem with my PC. Suddenly everything is
    >enlarged and then this message comes up.
    >
    >"Fault- Windows display driver stopped. The nv4 display driver has
    >stopped working normally, save work, reboot system to restore full
    >display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog
    >will be displayed giving a chance to re load data".
    >
    >I just close it all and the computer shuts down and then I start it
    >again and it returns to normal, but it's beginning to annoy me so I
    >wondered if you might have an idea of how I could prevent it happening
    >again.

    Just reinstall your video drivers.

    Don't know what video driver you have, use Everest
    http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
    --

    Jesus had two daddies
    http://sfist.com/2008/11/11/photo_du_jour_270.php
  4. Alasdair

    Buffalo Guest

    Alasdair wrote:
    > I am having the following problem with my PC. Suddenly everything is
    > enlarged and then this message comes up.
    >
    > "Fault- Windows display driver stopped. The nv4 display driver has
    > stopped working normally, save work, reboot system to restore full
    > display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog
    > will be displayed giving a chance to re load data".
    >
    > I just close it all and the computer shuts down and then I start it
    > again and it returns to normal, but it's beginning to annoy me so I
    > wondered if you might have an idea of how I could prevent it happening
    > again.

    First, I would take the cover off the PC and clean the dust, etc off the vid
    card and its hs/fan, if it has one.
    While you're in there you might as well blow clean the cpu hs/fan .
    You could also try installing the latest vid card drivers as suggested by
    Pennywise.
    Buffalo, Nov 12, 2008
  5. Alasdair

    chuckcar Guest

    Alasdair <> wrote in

    > I am having the following problem with my PC. Suddenly everything is
    > enlarged and then this message comes up.
    >
    > "Fault- Windows display driver stopped. The nv4 display driver has
    > stopped working normally, save work, reboot system to restore full
    > display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog
    > will be displayed giving a chance to re load data".
    >
    > I just close it all and the computer shuts down and then I start it
    > again and it returns to normal, but it's beginning to annoy me so I
    > wondered if you might have an idea of how I could prevent it happening
    > again.

    Remove your video driver and monitor in device manager and reboot.

    start->settings->control panel. Open system then device manager in that.
    You will have to click on the plus sign beside display adapters and
    monitors to remove each one. Remove *all* of them if there's more than one
    in either. Then reboot until windows stops asking to. This allows windows
    to install a clean driver for each.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 13, 2008
  6. Alasdair

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Alasdair <> wrote in
    >
    >> I am having the following problem with my PC. Suddenly everything is
    >> enlarged and then this message comes up.
    >>
    >> "Fault- Windows display driver stopped. The nv4 display driver has
    >> stopped working normally, save work, reboot system to restore full
    >> display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog
    >> will be displayed giving a chance to re load data".
    >>
    >> I just close it all and the computer shuts down and then I start it
    >> again and it returns to normal, but it's beginning to annoy me so I
    >> wondered if you might have an idea of how I could prevent it happening
    >> again.

    >Remove your video driver and monitor in device manager and reboot.

    >start->settings->control panel. Open system then device manager in that.
    >You will have to click on the plus sign beside display adapters and
    >monitors to remove each one. Remove *all* of them if there's more than one
    >in either. Then reboot until windows stops asking to. This allows windows
    >to install a clean driver for each.

    Your way the user will be stuck in VGA mode. (cause they had to ask)

    Hopefully the OP will not follow this advice.

    --

    Hang in there.
    http://kankky.apina.biz:8003/10586.jpg
  7. Alasdair

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Alasdair <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I am having the following problem with my PC. Suddenly everything is
    >>> enlarged and then this message comes up.
    >>>
    >>> "Fault- Windows display driver stopped. The nv4 display driver has
    >>> stopped working normally, save work, reboot system to restore full
    >>> display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog
    >>> will be displayed giving a chance to re load data".
    >>>
    >>> I just close it all and the computer shuts down and then I start it
    >>> again and it returns to normal, but it's beginning to annoy me so I
    >>> wondered if you might have an idea of how I could prevent it happening
    >>> again.

    >>Remove your video driver and monitor in device manager and reboot.

    >>start->settings->control panel. Open system then device manager in that.
    >>You will have to click on the plus sign beside display adapters and
    >>monitors to remove each one. Remove *all* of them if there's more than
    >>one in either. Then reboot until windows stops asking to. This allows
    >>windows to install a clean driver for each.

    > Your way the user will be stuck in VGA mode. (cause they had to ask)
    >
    > Hopefully the OP will not follow this advice.

    *Wrong*. It's the standard way of doing things. You *may* have been right
    if the OP had a 2000 family OS running, but that wasn't specified at
    *all*. You method assumes the drivers he has are the wrong ones.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 13, 2008
  8. Alasdair

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >>>Remove your video driver and monitor in device manager and reboot.

    >>>start->settings->control panel. Open system then device manager in that.
    >>>You will have to click on the plus sign beside display adapters and
    >>>monitors to remove each one. Remove *all* of them if there's more than
    >>>one in either. Then reboot until windows stops asking to. This allows
    >>>windows to install a clean driver for each.

    >> Your way the user will be stuck in VGA mode.
    >>
    >> Hopefully the OP will not follow this advice.

    >*Wrong*. It's the standard way of doing things.

    Read the OP's message again, he is going into VGA mode, he just needs
    to reinstall his video drivers.

    --

    Hang in there.
    http://kankky.apina.biz:8003/10586.jpg
    , Nov 13, 2008
  9. Alasdair

    Tony Guest

    Dong enlargement pills?

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Nov 13, 2008
  10. Alasdair

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    >>> Your way the user will be stuck in VGA mode.
    >>>
    >>> Hopefully the OP will not follow this advice.

    >>*Wrong*. It's the standard way of doing things.

    > Read the OP's message again, he is going into VGA mode, he just needs
    > to reinstall his video drivers.

    Read my post. He already *has* the drivers installed, the ones windows are
    using are corrupted. Maybe his video card has hardware problems, but to find
    out, you have to have non-corrupted drivers and run dxdiag.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 13, 2008
  11. Alasdair

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Read my post. He already *has* the drivers installed, the ones windows are
    >using are corrupted. Maybe his video card has hardware problems, but to find
    >out, you have to have non-corrupted drivers and run dxdiag.

    Drag Chucktard, it's always a problem with you. DXDIAG will only check
    for directx drivers and files, not video drivers.

    To find a bad video driver you would use verifier:

    Start | Run <type in>
    VERIFIER
    <enter>
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

    But this would be beyond you, and most likely the OP.
    --

    Gold Fish
    http://i35.tinypic.com/swv0xg.jpg
  12. Alasdair

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Read my post. He already *has* the drivers installed, the ones windows
    >>are using are corrupted. Maybe his video card has hardware problems, but
    >>to find out, you have to have non-corrupted drivers and run dxdiag.

    > Drag Chucktard, it's always a problem with you. DXDIAG will only check
    > for directx drivers and files, not video drivers.
    >
    > To find a bad video driver you would use verifier:

    He already *knows* it's bad, that's why he gets the message in the first
    place. As far as it not working or the company adhering to MS's way of
    doing things - doubtful at best - they keep the best parts secret and
    charge in blood for the rest.

    > Start | Run <type in>
    > VERIFIER
    > <enter>
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617
    >
    > But this would be beyond you

    Hardly, *nix does *far* more complex things. In *text* only. just not a fix.
    It does nothing but see if MS *thinks* it's bad. Besides, obviously this
    same driver worked fine before, so it *is* good. Just the installed one
    is corrupted. About as plain as it ever gets.

    Removing the one *used* and allowing windows to put in a *known* good one
    is both a fix and elminates any driver concerns. If it *doesn't* install
    or the message re-appears, the hardware - i.e. the video card is dead and
    needs to be replaced. However *all* monitor and display adapter drivers have
    to be removed for this to work.

    This is all basic stuff that you should know backwards if you even hope to
    try to help this person.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 14, 2008
  13. Alasdair

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Read my post. He already *has* the drivers installed, the ones windows
    >>> are using are corrupted. Maybe his video card has hardware problems, but
    >>> to find out, you have to have non-corrupted drivers and run dxdiag.

    >> Drag Chucktard, it's always a problem with you. DXDIAG will only check
    >> for directx drivers and files, not video drivers.
    >>
    >> To find a bad video driver you would use verifier:
    >>

    > He already *knows* it's bad, that's why he gets the message in the first
    > place. As far as it not working or the company adhering to MS's way of
    > doing things - doubtful at best - they keep the best parts secret and
    > charge in blood for the rest.

    ROFL! I'll bet you go to Ford for advice when your Toyota pickup is busted.

    > Hardly, *nix does *far* more complex things. In *text* only.

    Bugger, God damn it, how did I get this GUI desktop on my Linux box?
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 14, 2008
  14. Alasdair

    chuckcar Guest

    Desk Rabbit <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> wrote in

    >>> Drag Chucktard, it's always a problem with you. DXDIAG will only check
    >>> for directx drivers and files, not video drivers.
    >>>
    >>> To find a bad video driver you would use verifier:
    >>>

    >> He already *knows* it's bad, that's why he gets the message in the
    >> first place. As far as it not working or the company adhering to MS's
    >> way of doing things - doubtful at best - they keep the best parts
    >> secret and charge in blood for the rest.

    > ROFL! I'll bet you go to Ford for advice when your Toyota pickup is
    > busted.

    That's supposed to be an applicable analogy?? You apparently have no
    experience with this either.

    >> Hardly, *nix does *far* more complex things. In *text* only.

    > Bugger, God damn it, how did I get this GUI desktop on my Linux box?

    /etc/XF86Config

    open it in an editor.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 14, 2008
  15. Alasdair

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Hardly, *nix does *far* more complex things. In *text* only. just not a fix.
    >It does nothing but see if MS *thinks* it's bad. Besides, obviously this
    >same driver worked fine before, so it *is* good. Just the installed one
    >is corrupted. About as plain as it ever gets.
    >
    >Removing the one *used* and allowing windows to put in a *known* good one
    >is both a fix and elminates any driver concerns. If it *doesn't* install
    >or the message re-appears, the hardware - i.e. the video card is dead and
    >needs to be replaced. However *all* monitor and display adapter drivers have
    >to be removed for this to work.
    >
    >This is all basic stuff that you should know backwards if you even hope to
    >try to help this person.

    unread this is a windows discussion not a linux one.
    --

    Look at who won the coin flip
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/413855949_10924f93d6_o.jpg
  16. On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:08:46 +0000, chuckcar aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > Desk Rabbit <> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar wrote:
    >>> wrote in

    >>> He already *knows* it's bad, that's why he gets the message in the
    >>> first place. As far as it not working or the company adhering to MS's
    >>> way of doing things - doubtful at best - they keep the best parts
    >>> secret and charge in blood for the rest.

    >> ROFL! I'll bet you go to Ford for advice when your Toyota pickup is
    >> busted.
    >>

    > That's supposed to be an applicable analogy?? You apparently have no
    > experience with this either.
    >
    >>> Hardly, *nix does *far* more complex things. In *text* only.

    >> Bugger, God damn it, how did I get this GUI desktop on my Linux box?

    > /etc/XF86Config
    >
    > open it in an editor.

    Set runlevels to less than 5?

    <shrugs>

    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm
    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 15, 2008
  17. On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 20:31:29 -0600, Holend aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > "§ñühwØ£f" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:08:46 +0000, chuckcar aided th' terraists with the
    >> following claims :
    >>
    >>> Desk Rabbit <> wrote in

    >>> That's supposed to be an applicable analogy?? You apparently have no
    >>> experience with this either.

    >>> /etc/XF86Config
    >>>
    >>> open it in an editor.

    >> Set runlevels to less than 5?
    >>
    >> <shrugs>
    >>

    > like assigning a hard drive to ID#6 on a SCSI chain,,, idiot

    If you dont understand linux just say so :)

    Your keyboard repeat rate is set too high btw.

    HTH

    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm
    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 16, 2008