    If there are no drivers available, can someone point me to a work around on
    these? Especially the printer.

    Thanks!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?amJhbGNpdXM=?=, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Scanner drivers are hard to find, you definitely need to get in contact with
    Epson about that, as for the HP Printer, please read the following link by
    Charlie Russel:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/18/54021.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005

  3. HP has XP x64 printer driver info on each of their printer pages under their
    Support and Troubleshooting section on the HP site.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 22, 2005
  4. I've checked the support sight several times and haven't seen any info on x64
    for the 1012. Do you have a link incase I'm just being totally blind?

    =?Utf-8?B?amJhbGNpdXM=?=, Jul 22, 2005
  5. I came accross that link earlier, but, the HP link doesn't cover any Laserjet
    printers. It makes reference to PCL printers, but I'm not sure what to do
    with that. any advice?

    =?Utf-8?B?amJhbGNpdXM=?=, Jul 22, 2005
  6. You need to get in contact with HP Support about this.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005
  7. read the content not just the link to HP. ;)

    So, you have a 1012. Great. I don't follow HP printers on a daily basis, so I
    have no idea what that printer might have for features and abilities. Given
    that, YOU need to help in the process. So, look at your printer's features
    and abilities, and then look at the supported printers. Pick the closest
    match, and you're in business. As I've said before, there are two main
    printer languages - Postscript and PCL. If you have an HP LaserJet printer,
    it uses one version or another of PCL, and _may_ use Postscript as well. So
    pick a printer that has similar features, and it should work fine. You may
    have a few differences, but it should provide basic print functionality.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 22, 2005
  8. Its sad you had to go through the extra effort to get the point across.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005
  9. Not sad. Sad is the death of the Australian bicycle rider and the
    hospitalization of her 5 teammates in Germany, two in critical condition. But
    certainly unfortunate. However, that' s the nature of the public newsgroups,
    and I've stopped worrying about it. Sometimes I take the time to say it
    again. And again. Othertimes, I just let them flow past me. Depends on my
    mood, my time, and the phases of the moon. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 22, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?amJhbGNpdXM=?=

    Jimmy Guest

    I agree. I couldn't make any practical sense of it either. Postscript -
    PCL(one version or another), cute, but which available printer drivers have
    which. What similar features, speed, printing selection (front to back,
    etc) USB vs. Parallel connection, dpi selections. ?????

    Jimmy, Jul 22, 2005
  11. Oh my, how come I didn't here about that. :(

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005
  12. I've been avidly following the Tour de France, as I always do, and it was
    much talked about after it happened, obviously, since many of the riders knew
    Amy Gillett and the other riders. They were on a training ride in Germany,
    and a car crossed over the middle of the road and hit them head on.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 22, 2005
  13. Thats really sad, you are doing what you love and end up getting killed.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005