    Grateful if anyone could shed some light on this.

    Thanks

    Tom

    Tom, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Tom

    Harrison Guest

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:37:41 +0100, "Tom" <> wrote:

    >Help! I'm trying to clone my hard disk with Powerquest DriveImage on a
    >computer running WinXP Pro.
    >But it keeps coming up with an error that a Drive Overlay or Drive Manager
    >is installed and has to be removed first. I can find no drive manager or
    >Drive Overlay on my western digital drive. The drive and BIOS support large
    >drives anyway.
    >The drive is partitioned to C: and D:
    >Grateful if anyone could shed some light on this.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Tom

    Disable antivirus which may be protecting the boot sector.
    Give more specific information regarding your hardware setup.

    Harrison, Aug 29, 2005

  3. Tom

    Render Me Guest

    since drive image works from dos, how do you suggest he disables the
    antivirus?
    ?

    Render Me, Aug 31, 2005
  4. Tom

    Plato Guest

    Render Me wrote:

    > since drive image works from dos, how do you suggest he disables the
    > antivirus?
    > ?

    Meaning the anti-virus in the bios, which is not really an anti-virus
    anyway it's just incorrectly called that by the bios makers.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 31, 2005
  5. Tom

    Harrison Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:44:28 -0400, "Render Me" <> wrote:

    >since drive image works from dos, how do you suggest he disables the
    >antivirus?

    You need to have a look at a newer version of drive image.
    If I'm not imaging the system disk (OP stated two partitions), mine runs fine from Windows (OP mentioned error message
    that seemed to appear in Windows).

    Harrison, Aug 31, 2005
  6. Tom

    Harrison Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:44:28 -0400, "Render Me" <> wrote:

    >since drive image works from dos, how do you suggest he disables the
    >antivirus?

    Here you go.
    "Drive Image v7.0

    Create a backup of your hard drive on any internal or external CD or DVD burner, network location, or USB- or
    Firewire-connected backup device. A step-by-step wizard guides you through the process. Drive Image copies all hidden
    files, and it allows you to save your compressed backup file across removable media. You can also create a password to
    protect your data.

    This new version of Drive Image uses "hot imaging," so you can use this app without ever leaving the familiar Windows
    interface. It also lets you schedule backups, so you can minimize the time you spend on backing up. "

    Harrison, Aug 31, 2005