    are not formatted, because i have used the same ones previously in my old PC.

    What should i do??

    I appreciate any advice given, thanks :)

    =?Utf-8?B?QXRsYW50ZW9u?=, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Hi Atlanteon,

    If you get message like that, it means your PC cannot detect the disc in
    drive A. This can mean 2 things. It is either your disc is faulty or your
    drive A is faulty. If you are sure your drive cannot read any disc, then it
    is likely your drive A is faulty.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=, Jan 12, 2005

  3. ensure the floppy drive has been wired the correct way internally.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iV1VL?=, Jan 13, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QXRsYW50ZW9u?=

    nguyenpv Guest

    I agree with RobWUK, make sure it's plugged in, if it is, make sure it'
    plug in correctly
    RobWUK wrote:
    > *ensure the floppy drive has been wired the correct way internally.
    >
    > "Atlanteon" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I got this new computer recently that was completly customize

    > and
    > > everything. Well, I inserted a floppy in the drive tried to acces

    > it from My
    > > Computer and I get this message: "Please insert a disc into driv

    > A:". I've
    > > already tried using other floppy discs so I am pretty sure it's no

    > that they
    > > are not formatted, because i have used the same ones previously i

    > my old PC.
    > >
    > > What should i do??
    > >
    > > I appreciate any advice given, thanks :)

    -
    nguyenp

    nguyenpv, Jan 19, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QXRsYW50ZW9u?=

    Dave1978 Guest

    A little more information would be useful here... Does the light for the
    drive turn on when you start the computer, is it staying on all the time,
    when you double click the icon in my computer (or select a: in dos) does
    the light on the drive work, does it make noise? Also check the BIOS, I
    believe some allow you to disable the floppy drive (not just for the
    startup procedure but in general). Post back some more information and I
    should be able to make a better educated guess.

    Dave

    Dave1978, Jan 20, 2005
  6. U can also check your Floppy drive is work or it doesn't work at when you
    start turn on your computer. U can see light on the Drive. If the light it
    doesn't shown up you need to check it inside, does it well plug or what...
    Next thing might be, ur Floppy disck is not good enough for using...

    =?Utf-8?B?T2xpdmVyIFNhbXNvbg==?=, Jan 22, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QXRsYW50ZW9u?=

    Atlanteon Guest

    Hi

    I would like to thank those who gave me advice on this. I saw thi
    only recently as it took awhile before i recieved a reply on it. M
    floppy drive still doesn't detect floppies. Yes the light on th
    drive does come on when i boot the comp, yet it still wont detect.
    think it might be best for me to just get a new drive

    Again, thanks for your help

    -Atlanteo

    Atlanteon, Nov 27, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QXRsYW50ZW9u?=

    Guest

    Re: Hi

    Wow! nearly a whole year for a reply!?

    thats got to be some kind of record!

    Atlanteon wrote:
    > I would like to thank those who gave me advice on this. I saw this
    > only recently as it took awhile before i recieved a reply on it. My
    > floppy drive still doesn't detect floppies. Yes the light on the
    > drive does come on when i boot the comp, yet it still wont detect. I
    > think it might be best for me to just get a new drive.
    >
    > Again, thanks for your help.
    >
    > -Atlanteon

    , Dec 1, 2005