    Any ideas out there on what is wrong, or more to the point, how to fix
    it?

    thanks.
    RoqueJa, Dec 6, 2008

  2. RoqueJa

    RoqueJa Guest

    On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 01:57:57 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    ><RoqueJa> wrote in message
    >> I have a Seagate 500GB USB Drive. There's over 300GB free space on the
    >> drive. If I try to move a large file, say 4GB, to the drive I get the
    >> message that there is not enough space on the drive. Smaller files
    >> transfer fine (up to 1GB or so, not sure exactly).
    >>
    >> Any ideas out there on what is wrong, or more to the point, how to fix
    >> it?
    >>
    >> thanks.

    >The drive must have come pre-formatted as Fat32
    >
    >you need to convert the drive to NTFS
    >

    >http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/ntfscvt.php
    >

    >Be sure to readup on cluster size

    Thanks, I suspected something like that, but I really don't understand
    FAT32 and NTFS sort of things.

    That means I have to refomat and back up everything on the drive,
    right?

    Oh year, I should have said WinXP SP2.

    RoqueJa, Dec 6, 2008

  3. RoqueJa

    RoqueJa Guest

    Thanks for that pointer to a solution.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307881#2

    Was simple and I'm running it right now.

    RoqueJa, Dec 6, 2008