    Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be good as
    well.

    Hamman

    Hamman, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Hamman

    Spider Guest

    Hamman wrote:

    > Heres a nice simple one for you guys.
    >
    > I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard disk.
    > Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be good as
    > well.
    >
    > Hamman

    If it's so simple, why are we reading this?

    --

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/spiderweb1.htm

    Spider, Mar 6, 2004

  3. Hamman

    Hamman Guest

    "Spider" <> wrote in message
    > Hamman wrote:
    >
    > > Heres a nice simple one for you guys.
    > >
    > > I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard

    disk.
    > > Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be good

    as
    > > well.
    > >
    > > Hamman
    > >

    > If it's so simple, why are we reading this?

    Because its simple if you have the app which i need already dumbass!

    Hamman, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Hamman

    John Holmes Guest

    Hamman came up with this:

    > "Spider" <> wrote in message
    >> Hamman wrote:
    >>
    >> > Heres a nice simple one for you guys.
    >> >
    >> > I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard

    > disk.
    >> > Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be
    >> > good

    > as
    >> > well.
    >> >
    >> > Hamman
    >> >

    >> If it's so simple, why are we reading this?
    >>

    > Because its simple if you have the app which i need already dumbass!

    If you start calling a reg "dumbass" the replies to your poast will be
    reduced to:

    **** OFF!

    from now on.

    --
    -John Holmes-

    John Holmes, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Hamman

    pcbutts1 Guest

    **** off!

    pcbutts1, Mar 6, 2004
  6. Alexander Rogge, Mar 6, 2004
  7. Hamman

    Hamman Guest

    "Alexander Rogge" <> wrote in message
    > > Heres a nice simple one for you guys.
    > > I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard

    disk.

    > http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_hdparm.htm
    >
    > > Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be good

    as
    > > well.

    > http://freshmeat.net/projects/ide-smart

    yeah, those came up on google. The problem there is that the machine is
    running Server 2003 Web Edition and not a unix/linux based system.

    thanks anyway

    hamman

    Hamman, Mar 6, 2004