    drives automatically?

    Thanks
    Frank
    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=, Mar 7, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=

    Don Grover Guest

    "Frank" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a AD network the desktops use a group policy to map drives when the
    > user logs on. However we have a new network access point when users log on
    > this the mapping does not happen.
    >
    > Is it possible to get the machines that are logging onto the wireless to
    > map
    > drives automatically?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Frank

    Hi Frank
    I have noticed that it depends on wireless drivers, if the machine policy
    applies.
    Originally I could not get machine group policy to apply as the wirelss
    driver had to log on first as a user and this happens after machine policy
    is attempted. and applied.
    I first got around it by plugging in wired once then this updated machine
    policy after that connected by wireless and it worked to a fashion.

    The newer Intel drivers allow you to authenticate as a machine (I Think pre
    logon) and this worked ok
    Personnaly I would just write a script for those users and map with the
    script at logon..
    Regards
    Don Grover
    Don Grover, Mar 7, 2007